Random Posting

Eric

2 minutes ago, Silentpoet said:

Nana always called it the icebox.

I was raised in an old mansion.  We had a very luxurious Ice box.  The Ice went in from the outside, and the inside was oak and glass and Chrome, so you didn't have to keep the door open to figure out what was where. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Silentpoet said:

Nana always called it the icebox.

Sign you hung in the window in or by the front door on ice day. Square divided into four wedges by diagonal lines corner to corner. Each wedge specified the amount of ice desired - 10, 25, 50, NONE. The wedge on top told the iceman what size block to bring in.

Those might not be the actual numbers. It has been a LONG time since such signs were relevant to me. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

Sign you hung in the window in or by the front door on ice day. Square divided into four wedges by diagonal lines corner to corner. Each wedge specified the amount of ice desired - 10, 25, 50, NONE. The wedge on top told the iceman what size block to bring in.

Those might not be the actual numbers. It has been a LONG time since such signs were relevant to me. 

When we lived in Minneapolis, MN, it was impressive to see the Iceman using tongs to carry blocks of Ice up the stairs on his back to the upper floor apartments.  Guy had a steel back!

Edited by janice6
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, railfancwb said:

It is most ironic - and telling - that face mask ads and packaging brag about how impenetrable they are to bacteria. A totally non relevant factoid. 

Additionally many home sanitizing products are effective for Bacteria not virus!  But nobody reads the fine print...........  ( I do)

• Like 4

• Eric changed the title to BookFace
  • Eric locked this topic
  • Eric pinned this topic
  • Eric unpinned and unlocked this topic