The Best Looking Cars Many Have Never Seen

Eric

• Administrators

[ATTACH=JSON]{"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\tIMG_1996.JPG Views:\t1 Size:\t42.1 KB ID:\t7854","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"7854","data-size":"full","title":"IMG_2002.JPG"}[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=JSON]{"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\tIMG_2002.JPG Views:\t2 Size:\t62.1 KB ID:\t7855","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"7855","data-size":"full"}[/ATTACH]

IMG_1996.JPG.a8733baa3c53a9b7d213d8dc378e82c0.JPG

IMG_2002.JPG.117be6eb60cf2981949e9a2fca745166.JPG

• Like 1

• Administrators

Clearly a much modified VW Bug... But very cool.

Hell, I'd buy one.

"Alternate history - understandably fascinating, understandably speculative. What would historic versions of modern super cars look like? A Polish artist

decided to transport the Bugatti Veyron back to 1945, and other than the VW Type 1 headlights being a too-obvious touch, the result is … well, at

least thought-provoking. Is it convincing? All I can say is, I'd love to see other recent high-performance hardware transformed into retrospective

masterpieces. Hey rc82, can you do a series?"

http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/a3821/retro-1945-bugatti-veyron/

The Plymouth Feather Duster...

The Feather Duster featured lightweight aluminum parts including the intake manifold, bumper brackets, hood and trunk bracing, and manual transmission housing, for a weight savings of about 187 lb (84.8 kg)—5% lighter than a standard Duster similarly equipped. It came with a 225 Slant Six with its distributor and single-barrel carburetor calibrated for economy, a low-restriction exhaust system, an extra-high rear axle ratio, and was offered with either the Torqueflite 3-speed automatic or A833 overdrive 4-speed manual transmission. It was the most fuel-efficient car in its size class, achieving up to 36 mpg highway and 24 in the city with the manual transmission option. (along with Dodge's version, the Dart Lite).[15]

feather-duster.jpg

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, PNWguy said:

The AMC Eagle SX/4...

1982-amc-eagle-sx4-sport-5-speed-258-inl

05c35617217aee8327f18fcabc5d902c.jpg

I love those things. I like the looks and the clearance and I love that 4.2? straight six. It produced more than enough power for that car. They were a lot of fun to drive and they were damned tough.