The Best Looking Cars Many Have Never Seen

Eric

On 8/16/2017 at 1:22 AM, Eric said:

[ATTACH=JSON]{"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\tIMG_0871.JPG Views:\t1 Size:\t225.6 KB ID:\t6427","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"6427","data-size":"full","title":"IMG_0871.JPG"}[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n6428[/ATTACH]

IMG_0871.JPG.6a09bd9cca73f8492e0c0a89ff2a083c.JPG

image_995.jpg.0a65b8ced26cd9b52d12a920340760cb.jpg

When I met the current wife I was driving one of these back in 1976.

On 8/22/2017 at 0:00 AM, PNWguy said:

1969 Mercury Capri...

agws3pnlruq0puqqyg4s.jpg

BTW, One of these is sitting about two blocks from my house in the yard of an abandoned home. 

She was driving one of these only a 2600cc in blue!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • Administrators

I just ran across this pic. I'm not usually a fan of Deuce Coupes. Street Rods like this, T-Buckets, etc have become so formulaic. This is a clean, simple, but very well executed car though. I love the color and all the basic, old-school touches. I wouldn't mind having a ride like this.

IMG_2273.thumb.JPG.02dcfbd5e69aa34b6c7642969b403379.JPG

• Administrators
Just now, Eric said:

I just ran across this pic. I'm not usually a fan of Deuce Coupes. Street Rods like this, T-Buckets, etc have become so formulaic. This is a clean, simple, but very well executed car though. I love the color and all the basic, old-school touches. I wouldn't mind having a ride like this.

IMG_2273.thumb.JPG.02dcfbd5e69aa34b6c7642969b403379.JPG

Actually, I would love to build a car old-school and simple like this, but lengthen the nose about a foot. Then, get one of the LS-based V-12s that a company is making now. They cut one block in half and then insert the middle four cylinders of a second LS engine in the middle. It is one hell of a good looking engine and it sounds amazing. I would install it with a very clean, minimalist look to it. That would be a badass street rod. 

1 hour ago, minervadoe said:

I'm not a big fan of open top English sports car, but the Austin Healy 3000 is so much more than that.

I loved riding around in one of those. The month before I went into the Marines (1966) I had friends that drove me around in a VW Bug, a Corvair and an Austin Healy 3000. Lots of miles and lots of fun.

When I got home I wanted them all but the only one I could afford was a used Bug. Still had lots of fun thinking about the Austin Healy.

Dave

Edited by Dave.1
sp

On 8/20/2017 at 4:04 AM, Eric said:

I really love Studebakers, especially their trucks. This one is a 1939.

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"IMG_1973.JPG","data-attachmentid":7591}[/ATTACH]

IMG_1973.JPG.16300f6c2b411186c6935b7c73728efd.JPG

I've always been a big fan of Studebaker pickup trucks.  My old man had a green one when I was a young kid. I spent hours bouncing on that couch sized bench seat while cranking on the steering wheel. I love that red one.

• Like 2

The Maharaja of Mysore's 1911 Silver Ghost Landaulette.
This is from concept cars showing the Mysore 1911 Ghost. Interesting read and an amazing car.

The rulers of India, the Maharajas of various states and city-states, were loyal customers of the Rolls-Royce marque. Many lived a very lavish lifestyle in palaces with staff and attendants to wait on their ever need and desire. When they traveled they were often accompanied by large numbers of guards, retainers, family and staf...

Continue Reading
Image may contain: outdoor