How do you get your caffeine?

Rabbi

8 hours ago, Number Six said:

As it has been said many times before, and will be repeated many times again, it is oftentimes somewhat difficult to interpret the meanings of the words written on the internet without the visual clues offered during a face-to-face conversation.

Very, very true. It’s so very easy to misinterpret.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jmohme said:

When at home, i start the day by brewing about three cups with freshly ground beans in a French press. I am the only one in the house that drinks coffee, so all three cups are for me!

When on the road for work, I will live in my RV and the press is just not practical for, so I do my morning coffee in a Keurig. The coffee out of it is just not up to the task, so I give it a boost with the cold brew that I make ahead of time and bring along.

Have you thought of using an Aeropress in the RV? It’s very good when traveling, although the capacity may not be large enough for you. 

1 hour ago, Taipei Personality said:

Have you thought of using an Aeropress in the RV? It’s very good when traveling, although the capacity may not be large enough for you. 

I have heard mention of the Aeropress, but have not looked into it yet.

Capacity with the Keurig is kind of limited too, but by using the cold brew to both cool it down and boost flavor and caffeine, I end up with a pretty good  morning cup.

I am always up for trying new things though.

It use to be almost exclusively Aeropress made fresh roasted coffee 2-4 cups day. 

Now it's mainly just a serving of Bulletproof coffee to start my day and occasionally a cup of Aeropress coffee early in the afternoon. 

ymmv 

On ‎7‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 6:58 PM, DonMerlin said:

Sweet Maria’s for green beans. Gene Cafe for roasting.

Coffee should taste like coffee, hot or over ice, nothing added.

And then at 12:00 the red wine lamp is lit. Drink em if you got em.

Yes, Sweet Maria's for green beans.  Behmor for roasting, one pound at a time.  I usually roast for about a minute after first crack.  Use a Gourmia to grind, 24 grams at a time at 8-9 coarseness (about half way).  Ground coffee with 450 ml water at about 200-210°, brewed for four minutes in a Clever Coffee Dripper.  Served with 3 tablespoons half and half.  Perfection.

i-NLk28hD-L.jpg[/img]

i-MHpSmGK-L.jpg[/img]

i-F76xGvk-L.jpg[/img]

I do let others make my single malt and bourbon.

• Like 1

Once in Miami, we got yerba mate from some bodega-guy in an alley.   In the horn cup and with the brass straw.  And the guy kept topping them up and wouldn't let us leave.

Even gravity didn't work after that.

They had to tie us down.

On 7/3/2018 at 12:43 AM, 3rdRRU_PhuBai said:

Amazon drone delivers hot black joe to my door.

You really had a drone bring it?

I have a bad feeling that I really wouldn't be able to resist the urge to throw rocks at it.

I guess it would never come back.