Today is Palm Sunday

7 minutes ago, FullClip said:

I remember getting the palm fronds at church and they went over the door in the house until next Ash Wednesday.   Then they were burned for the ashes.

I never had that celebration in my life.  Was a Babtist as a kid then decided to go my own way, but always believed in the Lord.  Hated churches for their hipocracy, and shunned them and still do for the most part, but I got a personel relationship with the Lord, and will probably die with it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, railfancwb said:

The week following Palm Sunday may be the most famous example of the fickleness of mobs. 

I sometimes wonder if God shakes his head at us.  The Jews had God as a King yet they still wanted an Earthly King and you see how that turned out.

How many people of Jesus' day thought he would unsurp the political leaders.of the day?  It was up to the last days and even most of the disciples were unaware.   

The mercy of God...  mercy is not getting what we deserve.  Humans are a miserable lot.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, El Spicoli said:

I sometimes wonder if God shakes his head at us.  The Jews had God as a King yet they still wanted an Earthly King and you see how that turned out.

How many people of Jesus' day thought he would unsurp the political leaders.of the day?  It was up to the last days and even most of the disciples were unaware.   

The mercy of God...  mercy is not getting what we deserve.  Humans are a miserable lot.

I kinda' hope The Big Guy has a sense of humor......kinda' counting on it actually.

• Like 4

On 3/24/2024 at 6:42 PM, El Spicoli said:

I sometimes wonder if God shakes his head at us.  Humans are a miserable lot.

I have a theory on this.  I'm a reformed Lutheran with a poor attitude towards organized religion so please no one take offense here.  

Since there are many universes, it follows that there are many Gods.

Like any group of people, there is a pecking order of knowledge, experience and wisdom.

In their monthly meetings, the new guy has to bring the donuts right?  Unfortunately he chose poorly and didn't get the Boston Cremes so a plan was devised to punish him.

He was given a planet to manage with miserable nonsensical residents that always want to destroy each other and their planet.

The other Gods placed their bets on the date this would happen, and put cats here to monitor the situation.

They also sent Dennis Rodman but he was easily discovered.

This is the current state of affairs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1