Flight 574

Eric

• Administrators

Adams Air Flight 574 was an Indonesian budget airline flight that went down in 2007. I was just watching the Air Disasters episode on it. They didn't know where the flight went down for more than a week. During that time, the investigators got word that victims and survivors of the crash had been found. When the investigators went to where they survivors had been found, they weren't survivors from the downed airliner. They were survivors from an Indonesian ferryboat that also sank in a storm. How screwed up is a nation's transportation infrastructure when you try to find survivors from an aircraft you lost and accidentally find the survivors of a ferryboat you also lost?

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, Fog said:

I'm more surprised they had a flying airplane and a floating boat at same time, however brief it was.

They managed to turn both the plane and the boat into submersibles. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

To be fair, they are getting a bit more advanced over there. 

Heck, we lost a fighter jet a while back and I think we're still looking for a nuke or two.

I worked with a Indonesian guy years ago, really hard worker, really tough. He was alright in my book because he hated China. I'd hold my arm out and that little runt would do chin ups on it. We would see who would get tired first. He could only do like 75

• Like 2