Best Intros

Eric

Another instantly recognizable intro for geezers.

Big Brother and the Holding Company was just another mediocre band until -- they added a chick singer.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, tous said:

Who doesn't love a Hammond B3 organ through Leslie speakers?

Peter Frampton called this a perfect song.

Here's a lesser-known Procol Harum song that's one of my favorites. It's called "Boredom" and it's from the Salty Dog album. another more well known song from that same record is "The devil came from Kansas"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Borg warner said:

Here's a lesser-known Procol Harum song that's one of my favorites. It's called "Boredom" and it's from the Salty Dog album. another more well known song from that same record is "The devil came from Kansas" Robin Trower played guitar on this album.

Here's "The devil came from Kansas" Another great song. A lot of people don't know that guitarist Robin Trower played with Procol Harum for a number of years before he became a solo artist.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks as usual, Eric, for showing us music we might not know of and for giving some tired geezer brains the chance to remember the music from when we were lads.

• Like 5

16 hours ago, tous said:

What Joe Walsh did before he, as some will say, ruined the Eagles.

Intro is instantly recognizable for us geezers.

As far as Joe Walsh being ruined by the Eagles, there's some truth to that, but he had a great solo album not long after he joined the eagles titled, "but Seriously folks..." that was good from start to finish and had the hit song, "Life's been Good to me So far" and the whole album was better than just about anything he ever did with the Eagles.

Here's "Life's been Good" which has a pretty nice INTRO:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, tous said:

More geezer music.

More Geezer rock Trivia:  when this group first started out, Rod Argent was the lead singer. but when Colin Blunstone auditioned as a vocalist Argent told him that Blunstone needed to be teh new lead vocalist and Argent would play keyboards. It's Blunstone who sings "Shes Not There" and all thier other most popular songs.

Rod Argent would leave the band in the late 60s to form the group "Argent"  who did that great song, "Hold You Head Up"

• Like 2

I always liked the Zombies.  To me, the were more musical and melodic than most mid-1960s British groups, even almost jazz-inspired.

I have long suggested that the British Invasion groups were far more musically bold and adventurous than their American counterparts.

A lot of blues influence.

Time of the Season had to be edited for AM radio play.

It was over three minutes long and that was forbidden back then.

:599c64bfb50b0_wavey1:

• Like 1

22 hours ago, tous said:

Burton.

Show me a song better than this.

Still holds up after almost 60 years.

Manitoba, like the cord for the "tank heater".  Used to be a Minnesota requirement.

• Like 1

The license plate reads 'Sunny Manitoba.'  :biggrin:

I noticed the heater cord right way.

I wonder how many southern boys even know what that is.

I remember my niece asking me why parking meters in Da UP had electric outlets.

I told here, That's where you plug in the radiator heater so you can start your car after an hour in the winter.

I could tell she didn't believe me.

NB  Banatyne refers to the apartment building that one of them lived in at the time.

Is it sad that I know that?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, tous said:

The license plate reads 'Sunny Manitoba.'  :biggrin:

I noticed the heater cord right way.

I wonder how many southern boys even know what that is.

I remember my niece asking me why perking meters in Da UP had electric outlets.

I told here, That's where you plug in the radiator heater so you can start your car after an hour in the winter.

I could tell she didn't believe me.

NB  Banatyne refers to the apartment building that one of them lived in at the time.

Is it sad that I know that?

I noticed that the license plate claims 100,000 lakes.  Minnesota claims 10,000 lakes and 52,000 mud holes.

• Haha 1

On 3/10/2024 at 9:06 PM, Eric said:

If one were of a mind one could do an almost annual review of Rindy singing this song from way back then until nearly now. Some of the venues are innerstin'. I always thought she was mighty purty. ;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1