As good cops flee progressive cities for conservative suburbs, doors open for unqualified candidates

TBO

What do you expect?  Those that leave for the burbs are maybe able to successfully finish careers.  Others just plain quit.  Agencies lack leaders, cities fail to support agencies, communities are distrusting of agencies, and too many places hire warm bodies because that is all there is.

I started a new PT gig to prevent cargo theft and I worked with a FT LEO for the recent trip.  It's crazy what goes on in agencies now.  Everything is de-escalation and CYA.  I could see it in the 90s in uniform.  Civilians have really always been on their own but now it is way worse, especially in metro cities.  Buckle up because the ride is gonna be bumpy.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, El Spicoli said:

What do you expect?  Those that leave for the burbs are maybe able to successfully finish careers.  Others just plain quit.  Agencies lack leaders, cities fail to support agencies, communities are distrusting of agencies, and too many places hire warm bodies because that is all there is.

I started a new PT gig to prevent cargo theft and I worked with a FT LEO for the recent trip.  It's crazy what goes on in agencies now.  Everything is de-escalation and CYA.  I could see it in the 90s in uniform.  Civilians have really always been on their own but now it is way worse, especially in metro cities.  Buckle up because the ride is gonna be bumpy.

You gonna need MORE AMMO guys

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3