903 inches. We did it.

Batesmotel

8 minutes ago, Huaco Kid said:

Saskatoon?

Salt Lake City

And we will still be in a drought. That’s how low the deep aquifers are. ALL of our water comes from snowpack. The sparse rain we get in the summer does nothing for water levels. It just wets the surface for a few hours. 

• Sad 4

The Guess Who isn't in the Rock and Rock Hall of Fame, despite the fact that they often outsold the Beatles.

:shakefist:

But, Jay-Z, Dolly Parton and Eminem are.

Quick name Dolly Parton's last rock and roll song.

Or Jay-Z's.

Apparently, no more bands full of straight white men need apply.

:sigh:

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

Just now, Huaco Kid said:

Is it predicted to fill up the stinky lake?

Not fill back to normal levels but it will really help. It will take a few years like this to get the lake back to where it needs to be. The smell, what we call Lake Stink, is from the sulphide that accumulates on the bottom of the lake from decaying material. The fuller the lake is, the less it smells. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Huaco Kid said:

Dolly instantly refused the nomination. She said she's never sang a R&R song and is about as far away from it as you can get.

They said she didn't have a say in the matter.

It wasn't a knock on Dolly Parton.

Every time I have seen her, she seems to be just a really nice, down-home, pleasant woman.

Political correctness has made the Rock and Roll Hall of fame a joke.

The African rappers have their own hall  of fame.  Guess how many white folk are in it?

Yet, they keep passing over legitimate white artists such as Glenn Campbell, Jim Croce, the Guess Who, the Carpenters -- yes, they were the very definition of soft rock along with Bread, but they sure as Hell were more rock and roll than Tupac Shakur and Biggie Smalls .  :miff:

So, there.

• Thanks 5

I apologize for hijacking -- uh, misdirecting, your thread,

:biggrin:

It's Huaco Kid's fault.

NB  I still remember watching the aerial tankers -- they were C-119s mostly, dump water on the annual summer forest fires in the Wasatch Mountains.

<--- went to Stoker elementary school in the 1950s

:599c64bfb50b0_wavey1:

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, tous said:

I apologize for hijacking -- uh, misdirecting, your thread,

:biggrin:

It's Huaco Kid's fault.

NB  I still remember watching the aerial tankers -- they were C-119s mostly, dump water on the annual summer forest fires in the Wasatch Mountains.

<--- went to Stoker elementary school in the 1950s

:599c64bfb50b0_wavey1:

Speaking of Utah fires. Even with record snow, we just had our first wildfire start a couple days ago. On the Uintah tribal reservation in eastern Utah. We could get simultaneous fires and floods. 

• Sad 2

i once walked out to the water, just 'cause I was there, and scooped up a handful of the goopy water, just to see all the shrimps wiggling around. From the smell, I was pretty sure there were a bunch of dead horses around, somewhere.

Then I wondered how "salty" it really was, and I sucked my finger.

Pretty salty. But more like tangy-sulpher-chemical-death-poison. ptew-ptew. I wouldn't recommend doing that.
  • Like 2

The salt that is mined from the lake is only good for industrial and road salt because of the other minerals in it. The amount of table salt that comes from it is minuscule. I mean really small. However the heavy metals extracted by electrolysis are vital to the aerospace and defense industries. 

• Like 3