New ATF rule on pistol stabilizing braces

pipedreams

Just now, syntaxerrorsix said:

No ring on that finger flippin' you off. So are you gonna post up or just bitch out?

I'm not posting a picture so you can fantasize about me skippy.

As far as the ring thing I thought all you guys just wore matching earrings to show you were married

Now see, that is the sort of thing  that would get you banned off GT.  Glad I am here.

C'mon George you started it, finish it.  I bet I know why you won't post a Pic.  

Anyway, the brce is an awesome piece of kit that works as intended and not as intended.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, syntaxerrorsix said:

The brace is just one issue with the rule.

The big one that will affect many is imported firearms like the CZ Scorpion.  If it ever had a brace on it it has to be surrendered or destroyed, just taking the brace off isn't enough according to the ATF. 

Why is that?

6 minutes ago, syntaxerrorsix said:

They are claiming that if a brace was ever attached to the pistol version you created an SBR in that is also in violation of 922r. 

OK, that could apply to just about all AR pistols, what are they going to do with the ones that were purchased without a brace.  This why I think this ruling will fail in the courts.  If all else fails a longer barrels can be put on and make a rifle.

31 minutes ago, pipedreams said:

OK, that could apply to just about all AR pistols, what are they going to do with the ones that were purchased without a brace.  This why I think this ruling will fail in the courts.  If all else fails a longer barrels can be put on and make a rifle.

It only applies to imported arms like CZ, Stribog,.MP5 clones, AK clones and the like.

Most ARs aren't imported and don't need to meet 922r standards. 

As to AR pistols sold without braces they are even trying to say that the end of the buffer tube can be construed as a surface area that could allow shouldering of the weapon.

Complete clown show. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, syntaxerrorsix said:

Only the rifles. The pistols did not need to be complaint until ATF decided they were SBRs. 

OK, thanks, now I understand why so many people dislike the ATF.  They decide to reinterpret the rule after thousands maybe hundreds of thousands of these firearms have been sold.