whats the best smallest micro 1911 for cc ??

ASH

i got a SW bodyshield  380  with some good lehigh ammo  that ballastically  got rave reviews .  but im wanting a second  cc   and might give my SW to my daughter  

i know nothing about micro 1911's   so ease into it , it will be IWB  CARRY  

Have you thought about a .45 Shield?

I love 1911's, but micro 1911's don't do well in .45. I'm talking reliability wise. The smallest .45 I would consider carrying on the 1911 frame, is a Commander sized gun. I'd go light weight, if weight is an issue. 

What I'd really like is a 1911 with a 4" to 4-1/2" barrel and an Officer Model grip.  I've seen a few of them offered now direct from the factory, but don't know if anyone has experience with them.  I think that extra barrel length helps reliability and ballistics.

Something like this, maybe:

PI9126ER_Featured.png

1 hour ago, Alabusa said:

The Springfield EMP is offered in 9mm, .40 S&W and .45 acp. I wish they would add .38 Super.

Not in 45acp. Just 9mm and .40sw.

Don't know for sure, but my hunch would be that .38 Super is impossible in the EMP frame due to the cartridge's OAL. 

• 5 months later...

I am primarily a Glock guy with thousands of rounds through many different models for my fomer job. Also have used the SIG 226, 239, HK 45. The pistol I find myself carrying these days more often than not is the SIG 1911 Ultra. For a short barreled 1911 it is as accurate as I am. I know, external extractor, weird Sig slide profile but my pistol at least runs as well as any I have used for CCW. You do need to get some premium magazines, the inculded ones are marginal at best.

image.png.e2514c5393c1297c0440aeaa159e4a84.png

• Like 1

On 12/31/2017 at 12:21 PM, Grabbrass said:

Don't know for sure, but my hunch would be that .38 Super is impossible in the EMP frame due to the cartridge's OAL. 

They could make one in .45 GAP. (Actually, you’d be surprised how close that was to reality). 

The most compact micro 1911's that I know of are the Sig P938, and the Kimber micro9. Here are the specifications compared to the S&W Bodyguard 380 and the Kahr PM9 which is the smallest 9mm pocket rocket but is not a 1911 type single action cocked and locked carry pistol, but is DAO with second strike capability.

S&W bodyguard 380
Weight: 11.25 oz.
Length: 5.25 in 
Width: 0.75 in. 
Height: 4.10 in
Barrel length: 2,75 in 

Kimber micro9
Weight: 15.6 oz.
Length: 6.1 in 
Width 1.06 in 
Height: 4.01 in
Barrel length: 3.15 in 

Sig P938
Weight: 16 oz.
Length:5.9 in 
Width 1.1 in 
Height: 3.9 in
Barrel length: 3.0 in

Kahr PM9 

Weight: 15.9 oz 
Length: 5.3″ 
Height: 4.0″
Width: 091
Barrel Length: 3.0″ 

On ‎12‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 9:21 AM, Grabbrass said:

Correct, but it could be chambered in 357 sig which can do anything the 38 super can do and a little more.

• Like 1