The Faces of War

Eric

• Administrators

This is Paulina. She was around ten years old. Her and her parents were murdered by Russian soldiers. According to Kiev's local authorities, she and her parents were shot dead by a Russian sabotage and reconnaissance group on a street in the northwest of the capital. Her brother and sister survived, but were critically wounded.

_123443248_3b81d99a-5057-4e31-9874-171800ac765b.jpg

• Sad 3

• Administrators

Oleg Fedko had decided to move his family away from the area, but as he was on shift in Kherson his father, also called Oleg Fedko, drove over to help and the family left in two cars.

The patrolman's brother, Denis, described how he had been talking to his mother when she started shouting that there were children in the car. Then he heard shots ring out.

The children's two grandparents aged 56 died, along with the patrolman's wife Irina and two children: Sofia who was six, and Ivan who was only a few weeks old.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-60547807

Here is a picture of three of the victims.

FMnWUacXoAwNWqL.jpg

• Sad 2

4 hours ago, Wyzz Kydd said:

Sad, but not our fight. We don’t need Biden sacrificing our troops to distract attention from his failures. I have teenagers and I have zero interest in them being drafted and sent to fight by a bunch of woke REMFs.

I want to agree, but this feels more like 1930s Germany to me.  Putin wants to reassemble the old Soviet Union but under his psychotic ass.  And that's a problem.  There is a reason Reagan called Russia "The great evil empire".  Under Putin, it damn sure could be.

I'm not sure the best play isn't to just beat Russia back into the stone age, turn Moscow into a smoldering fvcking hole, and then look at China and say "You want some of this, bitch?"  Because if we let Russia take Ukraine, then we have to worry about China taking Taiwan.  Iran taking Israel.  We let all of these happen and suddenly we are fighting three enemies from our back foot.

Plus China and Russia seem to be getting chummy.

I know that seems childish and without an appreciation for how horrible war is, but the point is that at some point the US and NATO have to stand up.  There is a lot at play here.

Another benefit is if Russia cannot take Ukraine (and Russia has a history of military mediocrity at best) then they lose their access to the Black Sea and therefore cannot project power year round (most of their other ports freeze solid in the winter).

From a morality standpoint it wouldn't cost me a bit of what little sleep I get at night if Russia were wiped from the face of the Earth.  But then there's the problem of China moving in.....

The real problem is that these are complex problems that require complex answers, and I am pretty sure Brandon doesn't have them.  Neither did Trump.  Not sure who would.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, SC Tiger said:

I want to agree, but this feels more like 1930s Germany to me.  Putin wants to reassemble the old Soviet Union but under his psychotic ass.  And that's a problem.  There is a reason Reagan called Russia "The great evil empire".  Under Putin, it damn sure could be.

I'm not sure the best play isn't to just beat Russia back into the stone age, turn Moscow into a smoldering fvcking hole, and then look at China and say "You want some of this, bitch?"  Because if we let Russia take Ukraine, then we have to worry about China taking Taiwan.  Iran taking Israel.  We let all of these happen and suddenly we are fighting three enemies from our back foot.

Plus China and Russia seem to be getting chummy.

I know that seems childish and without an appreciation for how horrible war is, but the point is that at some point the US and NATO have to stand up.  There is a lot at play here.

Another benefit is if Russia cannot take Ukraine (and Russia has a history of military mediocrity at best) then they lose their access to the Black Sea and therefore cannot project power year round (most of their other ports freeze solid in the winter).

From a morality standpoint it wouldn't cost me a bit of what little sleep I get at night if Russia were wiped from the face of the Earth.  But then there's the problem of China moving in.....

The real problem is that these are complex problems that require complex answers, and I am pretty sure Brandon doesn't have them.  Neither did Trump.  Not sure who would.

What military are we going to use to do this?  Our current one is loaded with woke 'leaders' who couldn't fight their way out of a wet paper bag.  Do you really think our current leadership team has the stones to 'beat Russia back to the stone age'?  I don't.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

War is ugly and hell on earth.

I don't want one drop of our blood spilled over Ukraine. It is well past time for our "overlords" to get the message that we won't keep killing our young people for their wars.

**** Joe Biden, **** the deep state, and **** anyone trying to profit from wars on the other side of the world.

**** the EU while we are at it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1