First closed thread about weed

limeylad

• Administrators

Casual drug use threads, with thread titles matching that theme are not a real good match for a gun forum.

I certainly understand that a lot of people feel free from bondage and some are trying to push over the fences, but there are going to be some really understandable and reasonable limits.

• Like 3

• Administrators

I've got a hell of a lot on my plate right now. I was hoping to put off the dealing with the TOS can of worms, until I was able to deal with some of the many other issues demanding my attention right now.

I am not going to host a site where people shoot the breeze about recreational drug use. I had hoped that it wouldn't be necessary to point out something this obvious. You folks know me. I didn't have a personality and sensibilities transplant, in the last few days. If I need to formalize the site's posting rules, I'll do so. I want things to be more laid back here, with more personal freedoms. That only works though if people take responsibility for their actions and use some self-restraint when they post.

I'll have a TOS up by the end of the weekend. Sites like this need structure and I launced this one without much structure in place. That is on me. I'll get that rectified and we can move forward.

FWIW, I am working on the modifications to the software that will do the selective bad word filter and some of the other features I have mentioned. These things are a priority for me and I hope to get them up and running soon. I think you guys will like them.

• Like 16

If it counts for anything, it does feel a step closer to home with the first thread closed and closed for a not surprising or unpredictable reason.

[ATTACH=JSON]{"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\timage3.jpg Views:\t1 Size:\t51.9 KB ID:\t2897","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"2897","data-size":"full","title":"image3.jpg"}[/ATTACH][ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"medium","data-attachmentid":2898}[/ATTACH]

There are things in life that while they do not necessarily always end badly, about never end well.

image3.jpg.c7e16d7b3b2d9a9c08a45427d4e44783.jpg

image3.jpg.96c4ae310df585a44f98281038aeb425.jpg

Edited by Bruce
  • Like 2

Weed was legalized recently in Alaska. I know quite a few people 'in the business' including retail and growers. Some of them have invested all they have in their new businesses, buying real estate, putting up buildings, and purchasing equipment. Now a group has gotten a measure on the upcoming ballot in the Borough I live in to make it illegal in the Borough. Doesn't seem right. As TBO would say, "It's only weed, man."

If it counts for anything, it does feel a step closer to home with the first thread closed and closed for a not surprising or unpredictable reason.

[ATTACH=JSON]{"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\timage3.jpg Views:\t1 Size:\t51.9 KB ID:\t2897","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"2897","data-size":"full","title":"image3.jpg"}[/ATTACH][ATTACH=JSON]{"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\timage3.jpg Views:\t2 Size:\t51.9 KB ID:\t2898","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"2898","data-size":"medium"}[/ATTACH]

There are things in life that while they do not necessarily always end badly, about never end well.

I see exactly what you did there, repeating bears and all.

Edited by KBKEITH
  • Like 2

Weed was legalized recently in Alaska. I know quite a few people 'in the business' including retail and growers. Some of them have invested all they have in their new businesses, buying real estate, putting up buildings, and purchasing equipment. Now a group has gotten a measure on the upcoming ballot in the Borough I live in to make it illegal in the Borough. Doesn't seem right. As TBO would say, "It's only weed, man."

Seems to me that since it is still illegal federally, anyone investing all they have in a weed business is kind of stupid.

I see exactly what you did there, repeating bears and all.

It was right there in front of me. Like being the only open receiver and no defense within ten yards of you or the only guy on that half of the court suddenly getting the ball. It was one of those that I would have hated myself all day if I did not take it.

• Like 1

Maybe we need a Locked Thread forum. Kind of a Rogue's Gallery of bad judgement.

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"d081b0600cf1fb9f30860b7c729b6a6c--russian-fashion-napoleonic-wars.jpg","data-attachmentid":4781}[/ATTACH]

d081b0600cf1fb9f30860b7c729b6a6c--russian-fashion-napoleonic-wars.jpg.3f246cf4a0873cda513d57d93ea9605a.jpg

• Like 1

Maybe we need a Locked Thread forum. Kind of a Rogue's Gallery of bad judgement.

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"d081b0600cf1fb9f30860b7c729b6a6c--russian-fashion-napoleonic-wars.jpg","data-attachmentid":4781}[/ATTACH]

That is likely to be a very busy forum!

Seems to me that since it is still illegal federally, anyone investing all they have in a weed business is kind of stupid.

There is that. For instance, I know from my friends in the banking business that the banks don't want anything to do with marijuana businesses. At least not yet. Bank policy. But I also know several people in the business that have been making good money....so far. And there has been quite a large sum paid in taxes to our school districts.