CAT 1 hurricane prep

crockett

22 minutes ago, ChuteTheMall said:

The creek along my backyard is already up to it's banks, and the storm hasn't arrived yet.

I'm just hoping sheriff's deputies don't order me to evacuate.

Just don't answer the door. :)

• Like 3

I just picked up a pack of pints from a local brewery. A 9.2% double IPA with lime zest. Hopefully the ground will get good and dry after last week's 2 days of rain before what's left of the thing comes across VA. 

Will this be the first time you see Joker? Joaquin phoenix seems like a weird dude but he can play the hell out of some characters, including this one. I've recently learned they are planning a sequel.

• Like 1

Both my Florida clinics are buttoned up for the night. No worries. Might be a soggy one- we've been getting daily rain for weeks. Prep? nah. The rain and breeze should keep the assholes with the fireworks at bay tonight. 

42 minutes ago, tadbart said:

Both my Florida clinics are buttoned up for the night. No worries. Might be a soggy one- we've been getting daily rain for weeks. Prep? nah. The rain and breeze should keep the *******s with the fireworks at bay tonight. 

Tell me bout it...I think I'm growin "gills" behind my ears!!!:biggrin:

I feel the same. May and the first week of June was great at the beach. After that it was mainly rain or cloudy. I was so looking forward to summer, but the rain season reminds me every single year that the good time is indeed from March to May only. June gets rainy, and then its just too hot and humid for 3 months straight.

Been watching a webcam live stream from Hawaii for a couple months. Sunshine every day so far. I'm inclined to book a 2 week trip and check it out, possibly moving to Honolulu. But I'm not sure that I can exist in a Dem state like that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0srxp-nALTM

Edited by crockett
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, crockett said:

20210706_232227.jpg

Now you've done it....COSTCO here I come...

(Putting the meat on top of mashed potatoes, kinda' makes a mess to cut it....btw, I had some small red potatoes that needed to be cooked last night...made mashed, didn't have any milk or cream so I tried adding cream cheese to it...great....)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DAKA said:

Now you've done it....COSTCO here I come...

(Putting the meat on top of mashed potatoes, kinda' makes a mess to cut it....btw, I had some small red potatoes that needed to be cooked last night...made mashed, didn't have any milk or cream so I tried adding cream cheese to it...great....)

"cut it"? After 7 hours in the crockpot it falls apart by just looking at it.

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, crockett said:

"cut it"? After 7 hours in the crockpot it falls apart by just looking at it.

Hmmm. what time does COSTCO open ? so then plus 7 hours....OK,  definite today....(Sample Road....and they gave started the Hot dogs again...)