Silentpoet's Music Emporium

Silentpoet

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/11/2020 at 5:06 PM, Dric902 said:

Neil Diamond was very camera shy and had stage fright his whole career

I didn't know that.  My heart goes out to him for having the courage to present himself time after time.

I was terrified when my company came to me and told me I was going to travel to our peer company's and the military and give technical presentations.  I thought I'd die!

My epiphany came one day when I suddenly realized the audience came to hear what I had to say and not to attack me.  If people want to listen to you, you should take comfort from the fact that they think you have something to say that may be important to them.

I also figured out the meaning of the phrase, "They can kill you, but they can't eat you!"  It isn't what it appears at face value.

However! It doesn't cure all ills:

My mother was a wonderful singer, and I have loved to sing for my whole life.  To this day I am terrified that someone might hear me and think I had no talent.  I am so obsessive that with my electronics background in spectrum analysis, I can't stand any off key,  That's off frequency to me, and a gross error.  When I sing to popular songs of my day I listen for zero beat.

So I have always sung to myself and now, while my wife listens in the living room.  My songs are from the 40's to the 60's, which overlap my mother's repertoire and also my growing up days. It's funny how it can express your depression, and cure you of it all at the same time.  Sorry for the off topic.

Edited by janice6
  • Like 1