Go to the safe and pick out your favorite. What is it and why?

jame

I had just taken out my 1911 and Browning HP a few days ago and noticed how nice they look and handle but got distracted by my .22 Hämmerli. My safe is well filled and preferences really change.

Yesterday night I marveled again at the smooth double action trigger of my S&W M65-4 and that is the gun on the table right now.

IMG_3338.JPG

• Like 1

This is like asking me which of my children do I love the most. I love them all!

If you tied my wife to some railroad tracks, pointed your .45lc derringer at her and twisted your mustache while waiting for an answer; I would probably go with my Walther PPQ Q5 Match. Ask me again later today or tomorrow and I am sure I will give you a different answer.

2813335-3.jpg

• Like 1

Too many guns too many safes. Top of my list would be:

Winchester 52C

Ballard w/ Eric Johnson barrel

Ruger #1 220 Swift

S&W 617 one with iron and one with a dot.

S&W 10 HB

S&W 386

I have no favorite firearm just like I have no favorite hammer.  I see them as tools, period.. I have no affinity for them on way or the other.  I feel that I am most competent with a Browning Hi Power and its what I carry, Its not really much deeper than that for me.  If you want to ask me about having a favorite something... ask me about vinyl albums. 

6 hours ago, Paper Tiger said:

I have no favorite firearm just like I have no favorite hammer.  I see them as tools, period.. I have no affinity for them on way or the other.  I feel that I am most competent with a Browning Hi Power and its what I carry, Its not really much deeper than that for me.  If you want to ask me about having a favorite something... ask me about vinyl albums. 

If you have no affinity for them, I’m not sure why you’d be interested in posting.

Unless there’s a hammer forum out there some where.....?

I do like the vinyl album thing, though.  Almost as much for the cover artwork as for the music.

• Like 1

On 3/8/2018 at 9:56 PM, jmohme said:

Without a doubt, my favorite is my TC Contender.

It's simple and extremely accurate and just plain fun to shoot! It's not bad to look at either!

TC223.jpg

I want to dry hump that gun.  Is that wrong?

Just beautiful.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jame said:

If you have no affinity for them, I’m not sure why you’d be interested in posting.

Unless there’s a hammer forum out there some where.....?

I do like the vinyl album thing, though.  Almost as much for the cover artwork as for the music.

My primary interests are in anti-crime, personal safety and lawful self defense.  Firearms can certainly be a part of lawful self defense as well as the processes and concepts surrounding those things intended to bolster personal safety.  I am a firearms owner, I carry a firearm regularly and I train... I am simply offering another shade or varying color to the mosaic of this forum which includes an acceptance of firearms but not an affinity for them.  - best regards 

Edited by Paper Tiger

~1966 Browning Hi Power

My Father in Law gave this to my Wife and I when we moved into our first apartment.

He didn’t like to talk about it, but his brother bought it for him and he carried it in Vietnam.  He said he traded the Australians .45 for 9.

After he passed we found a picture of him appearing to be deployed, Hi Power holstered, M16 in hand and riding in a Jeep. 

It shoots like a laser if you can pick up those tiny sights.  It’s been retired again other than the occasional outing as we put mileage on our newer models.

08990443-5B4B-465F-912D-B3087F8CE629.jpeg

• Like 1

My pick would be one I don't shoot a lot anymore but probably my favorite handgun nonetheless.  It is a 44 mag. S&W 629-2 Mountain Revolver I purchased not long after they hit the stores. With the tapered 4" barrel and radiused  cylinder it is a bit lighter than the standard 629's, easy to carry holstered and feels very much like the old S&W Highway Patrolman .357 revolver in hand. 

I expect to be the object of scorn for my choice. But, it is my choice and I will stand by it.

Mine is a 4" Rhino in .357 Magnum.  I absolutely love shooting it, and with almost no muzzle flip and minimal recoil, I could shoot it all day long.

I am torn when target shooting, because I get just as much of a thrill watching for the muzzle blast as I do watching the target response.  Some gun you feel you were born to shoot.  This is the one for me!

• Administrators
On 3/26/2018 at 2:06 PM, fortyofforty said:

I've got one of their Super Carry Customs but I don't remember it being that melted.  It might be, but it's locked up so I can't check right now.  Looks good, Eric, like an old friend.

It is every bit of that.