Firearms Pics & Sundry

Eric

23 hours ago, pipedreams said:

1306b7feb737cf59.jpg

I don't know what THAT one is, but back in 82-84 I think it was, I called my Dad from overseas and told him to buy me an Uzi and I'd buy it from him when I got home on vacation. He wrote me back and said he had just picked up the LAST Uzi on the East Coast of the US!  I thought it was Bullshit, but when I got home, it turned out it was True.  The Last M1A1 Uzi.  Which might have been bullshit too, but I'll tell ya this, THAT Uzi that my Dad bought was the last model that you could take the top off , drop a shear pin in it and it was Full Auto.  From then on, they changed it like 3 times, finally making it impossible to full auto the gun without a Gunsmith.  All I know is when I walked into a Gun show in 1998, I had people swarmin all over me wantin to guy that damn gun.  Yes I did sell it.  I've done A LOT of stupid **** like that, that I wish I could go back and do over...oh well....

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

28 minutes ago, Swampfox762 said:

I don't know what THAT one is, but back in 82-84 I think it was, I called my Dad from overseas and told him to buy me an Uzi and I'd buy it from him when I got home on vacation. He wrote me back and said he had just picked up the LAST Uzi on the East Coast of the US!  I thought it was Bullshit, but when I got home, it turned out it was True.  The Last M1A1 Uzi.  Which might have been bullshit too, but I'll tell ya this, THAT Uzi that my Dad bought was the last model that you could take the top off , drop a shear pin in it and it was Full Auto.  From then on, they changed it like 3 times, finally making it impossible to full auto the gun without a Gunsmith.  All I know is when I walked into a Gun show in 1998, I had people swarmin all over me wantin to guy that damn gun.  Yes I did sell it.  I've done A LOT of stupid **** like that, that I wish I could go back and do over...oh well....

This is all I know about it.  The guy traded 870dm for the imi uzi 9mm and had to give up some $$$.  Obvious it has a lot of miles on it.

• Like 1

Tubular magazines for .22 rifles…

Some .22 rifles by Browning, Winchester, and possibly others had tubular magazines in the buttstock. Must .22 rifles with tubular magazines have the magazine under the barrel.

Is manufacturing cost difference the reason under the barrel magazines dominate, or are there other reasons - reliability, capacity, etc?

Are any .22 rifles currently being manufactured with buttstock tubular magazines? If so, which ones?