Ms. Audrey Hepburn

Ricordo

Every time that I see the many airheads and plastic people in Hollywood I can't help but think of Ms. Hepburn.

As a young teenager she supported the Dutch resistance by giving "underground concerts" to raise money, delivering the underground newspaper, and taking messages and food to downed Allied flyers hiding in the woodlands north of Velp. If caught by the Germans, she would have been executed immediately.

Her Hollywood story shows her as she was. Determined, intense, she carried her body as somebody with guts would. Her eyes reflected her spirit.

So think of her when one of today's darlings opens her mouth and behind at the same time. And feel sad for them. It's not that they deserve your pity, it's just that they are sad.

And btw...she was hot!

Audrey-Hepburn-150x150.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4

I have met quite a few people over the years who were civilians in Europe during WW2. The one thing they all had in common was a mental toughness that I rarely saw from anyone born in the US, save for combat veterans and cops. One friend's mother was a labor camp survivor who was snatched from the street in the city lived in,  in Ukraine, when she was 13. One tough old lady. She often said if you are warm and your stomach is full you have nothing to complain about.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

On 11/29/2020 at 9:35 PM, Ricordo said:

Every time that I see the many airheads and plastic people in Hollywood I can't help but think of Ms. Hepburn.

As a young teenager she supported the Dutch resistance by giving "underground concerts" to raise money, delivering the underground newspaper, and taking messages and food to downed Allied flyers hiding in the woodlands north of Velp. If caught by the Germans, she would have been executed immediately.

Her Hollywood story shows her as she was. Determined, intense, she carried her body as somebody with guts would. Her eyes reflected her spirit.

So think of her when one of today's darlings opens her mouth and behind at the same time. And feel sad for them. It's not that they deserve your pity, it's just that they are sad.

And btw...she was hot!

Audrey-Hepburn-150x150.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

To me, she was the definition of absolutely beautiful!

• Like 1