Having fun in the Snow

My dad and his brothers had a 4 man bobsled. I don't have any idea where they got it or what happened to it, but they had some awesome stories. dad told us about this run they did down these long hills from Mt. Pleasant into Kalama, Wa. SOn one particular run a couple star athletes from the Kelso Highlanders suffered injuries that took them off the team for the rest of the season. They'd tow this sled up the road behind a jeep and then the jeep would follow them down with the headlights. Had some close calls where the jeep couldn't stop and nearly took out the bon sled. Anyway, one day I was down in Kalama with my dad and asked him where they did the bob sledding. He had me drive up this steep county road. I drove up and up. I finally asked dad, "where did you guys start at?" He told me to keep going. When we finally topped out, it was farking MILES. No wonder they had fun.

• Like 1

My bestest friend, Kurt, had a snowmobile.  He was from Illinois.

It was a clunky 70s thing.

We took it out on the carlines,  where it was valley-straight.  I didn't crash it.  someone did.  Snapped the ski off one side.

So...   we're dragging it up the carlines,  to the road,  and going up the street to our neighborhood.

The old crazy-lady,  that had the old farmhouse next to the road,  came out with a shotguy and said we couldn't go to the road (50' away).  We knew it wasn't her property,  and she was just cranky.

So, Kurt, (it was his machine), cussed this lady out,  like a Marine on a bad day.  Waaay off the deep end.

So she shot at us. Probably emptied it.

So it took us two days for us to pull it up the hill with ropes,  behind her house.

And we put  M80s in her mailbox.

• Like 1