Dafaq? This is supposed to be Tennessee!

gwalchmai

The SD card will have your picture on it most likely, so if you damage the camera they will know who to come looking for.  Pull the SD and delete everything on it and then set up your own game camera pointing so you will see who the camera belongs to.  Two can play the game, just be sure to wear gloves when handling their camera.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Historian said:

Not a lot.   The supreme court case says your personal privacy is limited to your immediate home and area.   Large open fields...don't count. 

The open-fields doctrine (also open-field doctrine or open-fields rule), in the U.S. law of criminal procedure, is the legal doctrine that a "warrantless search of the area outside a property owner's curtilage" does not violate the Fourth Amendment to the United States Constitution. However, "unless there is some other legal basis for the search," such a search "must exclude the home and any adjoining land (such as a yard) that is within an enclosure or otherwise protected from public scrutiny."[1]

That does not mean they are clear to just hang out there all they want.  If they want to try to claim that they need to do their "search" and get moving.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, RenoF250 said:

That does not mean they are clear to just hang out there all they want.  If they want to try to claim that they need to do their "search" and get moving.

I'm not a lawyer...but i think they can.   Because there is no assumption of privacy in a remote location.  They just have to have a reason to be there.

Now will they?  No.  Likely to set up a camera and leave.

Edited by Historian
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, pipedreams said:

The SD card will have your picture on it most likely, so if you damage the camera they will know who to come looking for.  Pull the SD and delete everything on it and then set up your own game camera pointing so you will see who the camera belongs to.  Two can play the game, just be sure to wear gloves when handling their camera.

If it isn't clearly marked as government property, I don't care if it has my picture. It's still getting the baseball bat. Might even let it take a pic of my ( * ) first.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, tadbart said:

If it isn't clearly marked as government property, I don't care if it has my picture. It's still getting the baseball bat. Might even let it take a pic of my ( * ) first.

Around here random hunter shoot everything.  Bullets and holes in most stuff like road signs and all.  I wouldn't be surprised if a government game camera was perforated too.

• Like 1