The Swampfox Thread

Swampfox762

Well...that has to go down as one of the more "interesting" events in my life at 74. 

On the operating table at 7:30 Monday morning, Have a third of my right lung removed by a robot and a surgeon.  Hang around for a day blowin in a couple of plastic thingies and walkin around the halls a few times so I don't get blood clots. Takin 2 Oxey type pills every 4 hours with a muscle relaxer, then they literally booted my ass out noon on Wednesday!  AND, cut the dose of the Pain meds from 2 pills every 4 hours to 1 Pill every 8 hours and they give me a total of 18 pills, because that's all the Government will let them give me...Seriously, I **** you not. 

"Now go home, keep blowin in the two plastic gizmos 10 times every hour and make an appointment to see the Dr. in 7 Days".  Now I read up on this and it's a Very major type operation.  Or so they say.  They literally have to shut down the blood supply and air supply to the lung before they start the cuttin and you're left to survive on the air supply to one lung for 2 1/2 hours.  Pretty friggin amazing.  Then, after like 150 some odd Staples and a **** load of cauterization, They fire the lung back up, make sure it ain't Leakin air,  and put it back on line with the other lung.  AND, the only place that really hurts is the 4" cut between 2 ribs where they pulled out the "Bag" they put the tumor in.  And man does that puppy hurt!!

So anyway, thank God I survived.  They tell me I'll be drivin in 2 weeks and out throwin my Bass rod in my back yard in 3-4 weeks.  I love it when a plan comes together.:D

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, Swampfox762 said:

Well...that has to go down as one of the more "interesting" events in my life at 74. 

On the operating table at 7:30 Monday morning, Have a third of my right lung removed by a robot and a surgeon.  Hang around for a day blowin in a couple of plastic thingies and walkin around the halls a few times so I don't get blood clots. Takin 2 Oxey type pills every 4 hours with a muscle relaxer, then they literally booted my ass out noon on Wednesday!  AND, cut the dose of the Pain meds from 2 pills every 4 hours to 1 Pill every 8 hours and they give me a total of 18 pills, because that's all the Government will let them give me...Seriously, I **** you not. 

"Now go home, keep blowin in the two plastic gizmos 10 times every hour and make an appointment to see the Dr. in 7 Days".  Now I read up on this and it's a Very major type operation.  Or so they say.  They literally have to shut down the blood supply and air supply to the lung before they start the cuttin and you're left to survive on the air supply to one lung for 2 1/2 hours.  Pretty friggin amazing.  Then, after like 150 some odd Staples and a **** load of cauterization, They fire the lung back up, make sure it ain't Leakin air,  and put it back on line with the other lung.  AND, the only place that really hurts is the 4" cut between 2 ribs where they pulled out the "Bag" they put the tumor in.  And man does that puppy hurt!!

So anyway, thank God I survived.  They tell me I'll be drivin in 2 weeks and out throwin my Bass rod in my back yard in 3-4 weeks.  I love it when a plan comes together.:D

Good news. More prayers sent for continued healing. tom.

• Thanks 2