The Swampfox Thread

Swampfox762

6 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

Ahh... but “...Chestnuts roasting on an open fire...”

And exploding all over the place if you forgot to poke any vents in the shell.

9 minutes ago, Swampfox762 said:

Thanks!  Seriously...Never seen one in it's "Natural" form.  Got to agree with ya...don't look like it's worth it!!

They aren't bad, but between having to pick them before the birds get them all, fight all the spikes in the husk, and then scoring each shell and then cooking them (though my ex-wife just boils them now, we used to just toss them on top of the wood stove on a pan spaced about 1/2" up).

My dad will pull them apart with his bare hands, then complain the next day about all the little slivers he has in his hands from the spikes.  I personally won't touch them in anything less than heavy leather gloves.

(we have a couple dozen chestnut trees on the property here)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Swampfox762 said:

The new "concerts"...SERIOUSLY???  We are just screwed...:newburn:

finally.jpg?w=740

So how long until the concertgoers run out of air in their bubbles?

Would make for some short concerts, but on the plus side you no longer need to worry about secondhand pot smoke or anything like that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Cougar_ml said:

And exploding all over the place if you forgot to poke any vents in the shell.

They aren't bad, but between having to pick them before the birds get them all, fight all the spikes in the husk, and then scoring each shell and then cooking them (though my ex-wife just boils them now, we used to just toss them on top of the wood stove on a pan spaced about 1/2" up).

My dad will pull them apart with his bare hands, then complain the next day about all the little slivers he has in his hands from the spikes.  I personally won't touch them in anything less than heavy leather gloves.

(we have a couple dozen chestnut trees on the property here)

Sounds like truly Disgusting nasty little buggers I'd want nothing to do with.  Burn down the Trees!!!!