Last chance to speak your opinions?

Paul53

Losing it implies he ever had it.  I've been saying all along, the President needs to take his twittering to a twitter competitor, or fund a right wing start up.  His traffic alone could build a new service.  Imagine the MSM having to register with another service in order to be able to keep up with POTUS>

I happen to agree with him or at least his perspective.  But i don't see how you can regulate or shut it down.  But i understand why he feels that way.

He has just about everyone one of them blurting out giant amounts of support for the democratic party.  If you happen to differ from their opinion you will get banned or blocked.  Google worked out of the White House focusing analytics on getting a democrat elected president.   None of them have ever supported a conservative in any way.

This is the thing about the internet.  No one fact checks anything.   And the things we read and see are greatly influenced for foreign countries. 

You tell a lie often and loud enough it will become truth in the eyes of people.  That is what social media does.

Edited by Historian
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posting on twitter about twitter silencing you and being able to read the rant about being censored is very.....1A for you 

being deleted or banned from a private company isn’t censoring or silencing. And the very fact that you are able to rant about it on the very medium is proof that it isn’t.

I remember just last week someone was ranting about their 1A being taken away. 
so I reminded them that I was reading their 1A right now

1 minute ago, Dric902 said:

so I reminded them that I was reading their 1A right now

Above the fold!

Oh wait.  I thought for a minute you were referring the front page of a thing we used to call newspapers.  They contained information.   Some of it was actually vetted by professionals.  We once called them journalists.    That was a long time ago.

Now everyone has a printing press call the internet.  And you can say anything you want.  And there are little problems with getting published.   And it costs less.

Edited by Historian
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

Well... didn’t some high school student recently receive a multi-million dollar settlement/judgment from CNN because it libeled/slandered him?

Admittedly multi-millions may be pocket change to CNN and other MSM...

The big issue here is Trump is a public figure.  The laws for public figures in America basically allow to say anything and everything about them without fear of being dragged in to court. 

The young man you are talking about had nothing to do with politics and was a private citizen...and that's why he was able to go to court so easily.

My point is:  Since the moment he rode the elevator down he has not been treated fairly....at all...and to some extent i expect that.  But the relentless nature of the assault on his administration is an assault on our democratic republic.   The single purpose of the press and many other people (who use twitter, facebook, etc.) has to been to destroy him and his family. The hate him for everything he stands for.  Everything he believes in.  And i don't think there's another man out there who could or would put on with the relentless assault.

They have suggested he is everything from a treasonous pedophile to a tax cheat.  

The man calls'em the way he sees'em and he's about as rough mannered as a New York street fighter with the charm of brass knuckles across the chin.

But i didn't vote for him because he was a nice guy.  I voted for him because it's going to take a developer to drain the swamp.

• Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Historian said:

I happen to agree with him or at least his perspective.  But i don't see how you can regulate or shut it down. 

How about an executive order putting them under the oversight of the Federal Election Commission.  Like broadcast TV, if they are going to be involved in the election process, they need to be fair.  If they give one side considerations, they have to give both sides considerations.

Remember, in the words of Obama, Dorsey didn't build that.  That belongs to US.

15 minutes ago, PPQer said:

How about an executive order putting them under the oversight of the Federal Election Commission.  Like broadcast TV, if they are going to be involved in the election process, they need to be fair.  If they give one side considerations, they have to give both sides considerations.

Remember, in the words of Obama, Dorsey didn't build that.  That belongs to US.

Not sure he can do that.   Part of the reason, as i understand it, is Twitter, Facebook, etc., don't provide the content...just the way to deliver the content.   Regular television, newspapers and magazines, provide content are are seen different.

The fairness doctrine, as it was created in 1949, only applies to those with a "FCC license to present controversial issues of public importance and to do so in a manner that was—in the FCC's view—honest, equitable, and balanced."

The internet is, particularly, public forums and places like twitter, are seen differently.

But hey.  I'm not a lawyer.  Just someone who wrote about this in a media law class and has been following the topic for years.

Edited by Historian
  • Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, Historian said:

My point is:  Since the moment he rode the elevator down he has not been treated fairly....at all...and to some extent i expect that.  But the relentless nature of the assault on his administration is an assault on our democratic republic.   The single purpose of the press and many other people (who use twitter, facebook, etc.) has to been to destroy him and his family. The hate him for everything he stands for.  Everything he believes in.  And i don't think there's another man out there who could or would put on with the relentless assault.

They have suggested he is everything from a treasonous pedophile to a tax cheat.  

The m-◘an calls'em the way he sees'em and he's about as rough mannered as a New York street fighter with the charm of brass knuckles across the chin.

But I didn't vote for him because he was a nice guy.  I voted for him because it's going to take a developer to drain the swamp.

What ^He said.

:goodpost:

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Historian said:

Not sure he can do that.   Part of the reason, as i understand it, is Twitter, Facebook, etc., don't provide the content...just the way to deliver the content.   Regular television, newspapers and magazines, provide content are are seen different.

The fairness doctrine, as it was created in 1949, only applies to those with a "FCC license to present controversial issues of public importance and to do so in a manner that was—in the FCC's view—honest, equitable, and balanced."

The internet is, particularly, public forums and places like twitter, are seen differently.

But hey.  I'm not a lawyer.  Just someone who wrote about this in a media law class and has been following the topic for years.

If they decide what will and won’t be allowed to appear on their site they are creating content just as much as if they actually write it. Thus they should not be exempted from libel and slander rules. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

If they decide what will and won’t be allowed to appear on their site they are creating content just as much as if they actually write it. Thus they should not be exempted from libel and slander rules. 

That that....is a very interesting comment. 

Because when Twitter said the president's comments needed verification and used CNN as a "fact check" they in fact may have....done exactly that.

• Thanks 1

All the tRUMP lemmings are so hopeful about creating a world where only the things they like can be said or published.

I'm too old for this carp again. Will it be book burnnings again, or the thought police rounding up all forms of "Fake news?"

And will tRUMP have Putin for a running mate this time? He seems to lean heavily on the Putin Play Book.

Just asking for a friend.

The silly thing is, all this does is highlight that the left is anti Trump, and how hypocritical they are.  It's not going to matter to anyone who supports Trump that his tweets are labeled by the left.   Maybe conservatives could wake up and stop using leftist tech like YouTube, Facebook, and Twitter.  

Knowing they are left leaning and using them anyway pretty much negates any right to whine like a little girl.

Edited by PPQer

17 minutes ago, PPQer said:

Knowing they are left leaning and using them anyway pretty much negates any right to whine like a little girl.

I agree. Poking the bear may be fun.  But it's not likely to get results.   But this president likes to stir the pot.   And while they are freaking out about this...and most people don't realize he's not a king or a czar who can shut down a giant publicly traded company company....he's doing something else.

The guy is a wrecking ball.

I just pray he gets another term.

• Thanks 2

Trump is Hitler!

Trump is Stalin!

Trump says China is a threat.  * Please click here for the truth courtesy of CNN, MSNBC, and your friendly chinese overlords and servants.

In the meantime, blacks, hispanics and independents are watching...

Sounds like a plan....

Man! They couldn't be any dumber! ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I also hear that Biden is looking for a 500,000 seat stadium to accommodate all his supporters in Wakaloosa.

The enthusiasm is infectious!

Joe_Biden4.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Edited by Ricordo
A photo is worth a thousand words.
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Ricordo said:

Man! They couldn't be any dumber! ?

I tend to work in a rather conservative line of work...but to be fair...the African American men i've talked to....do not like Biden...

In fact....many like what Trump did for their community.  And it goes deeper than jobs.  Trump released federal funding for some of the traditionally black universities (some of them with wonderful reputations for outstanding academics).

If it had not been for the virus he would be polling a lot higher right now.   And i think if we can open the economy....it might be a slam dunk.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

The problem, or slipper slope, is who can be subject to libel/slander 

the person who wrote he post or the service provider
if the writer has a right to state it (and pays for their service) doesn’t he provider have the same right to, if not edit, add a link to a fact check.

wouldn't that be seen as the provider protecting themselves from lawsuits over the post that a subscriber has written?

the tweets about Scarborough, Page, Etc, we’re not edited or deleted in any way. 

the idea of regulating social media or declaring the internet or select services provided (YouTube,Twitter, Facebook) as public utilities has been a left wing democrap dream for years. The party in power sets the parameters

the right has been fighting against it. And should.

Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, MySpace, etc, are options. Nobody has a ‘right’ to social media.