Trayvon II: Ahmaud Arbery

PPQer

19 minutes ago, Historian said:

One of the many sad things about this situation is the way the world sees the South in America.   I lived there. Worked there.  And to be fair there are a lot of really wonderful people who would never do something like this.

But you read the news and you'd think everyone in the South is a heartless, racist, #$1&1!

It's simply not true.

These two men made a horrible, tragic, mistake. 

At least from what I've seen.

Mistake?  Like playing Dirty Harry?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Historian said:

We are going to disagree with this.  I have no idea how you came to that conclusion.

You don’t have any idea how I came to a comparison after these yokels called 911 to report a black man jogging (actual words) then jumped in a truck to chase him down, confront him and shot him dead?

That’s not a mistake. These guys didn’t make a mistake. They chased a guy down and killed him. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AK_Stick said:

You don’t have any idea how I came to a comparison after these yokels called 911 to report a black man jogging (actual words) then jumped in a truck to chase him down, confront him and shot him dead?

That’s not a mistake. These guys didn’t make a mistake. They chased a guy down and killed him. 

Gotcha.  Now...i understand what you were trying to say.  Glad we cleared that up.

Happen to agree with you. 

I agree with the murder charge. 

Edited by Historian
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Historian said:

Gotcha.  Now...i understand what you were trying to say.  Glad we cleared that up.

Happen to agree with you. 

I agree with the murder charge. 

Yeah, it’s hard to get emotion/inflection over the internet. I disagree with the word mistake, but otherwise we seem to be in agreement. 

• Like 1

Just now, AK_Stick said:

Yeah, it’s hard to get emotion/inflection over the internet. I disagree with the word mistake, but otherwise we seem to be in agreement. 

Exactly!  Thank you so much for you consideration in that!

They are going to pay for it.   It was murder as far as i'm concerned.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Historian said:

Exactly!  Thank you so much for you consideration in that!

They are going to pay for it.   It was murder as far as i'm concerned.

Absolutely, all too often we get lost and don’t consider intent/lack of emotion in a post. Definitely been guilty of that myself. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AK_Stick said:

Absolutely, all too often we get lost and don’t consider intent/lack of emotion in a post. Definitely been guilty of that myself. 

Happens all the time.   Some people play with others that way.  Wow.  Alert the news.  A rational conversation occurred before we flamed each other.

• Like 2

Here's an interesting article from the "Bearing Arms" website. It's been noted previously that the elder McMichael was a former investigator. Turns out he was an investigator for the county DA. The cops who did the initial investigation were ready to arrest the McMichaels and were told by the DA to stand down.

https://bearingarms.com/cam-e/2020/05/08/bs-ahmaud-killed-self-defense/

7 hours ago, Swampfox762 said:

Damn...I only heard they THOUGHT he might have broken into a house.....  I thought I read he does live in the area.

He doesn't live in the area and yeah it's what "they said".  I'd like to know if Arbery has a record, not that it matters now and I'd like to know just how far Arbery was "jogging" away from his home.  Was he the one on the earlier security camera footage?  Like I said in my first post, no-one in this sad saga did anything right and a guy's dead because of it.  If he had been white, I doubt anyone would've heard about it or would care.  Notice that all the alphabet liberal "rights" groups are all over this.  That's a sure sign that something's wrong and it's usually not what the alphabet group says is wrong.  That's been my experience with this crap.

We'll see.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Wrango said:

He doesn't live in the area and yeah it's what "they said".  I'd like to know if Arbery has a record, not that it matters now and I'd like to know just how far Arbery was "jogging" away from his home.  Was he the one on the earlier security camera footage?  Like I said in my first post, no-one in this sad saga did anything right and a guy's dead because of it.  If he had been white, I doubt anyone would've heard about it or would care.  Notice that all the alphabet liberal "rights" groups are all over this.  That's a sure sign that something's wrong and it's usually not what the alphabet group says is wrong.  That's been my experience with this crap.

We'll see.

He was a known jogger in the area, as reported by atleast one resident of the neighborhood.....

What exactly did he do wrong? Aside from being the wrong color?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AK_Stick said:

He was a known jogger in the area, as reported by atleast one resident of the neighborhood.....

What exactly did he do wrong? Aside from being the wrong color?

Might wanna read this.  Of course, it could be a high level coverup.

https://int.nyt.com/data/documenthelper/6916-george-barnhill-letter-to-glyn/b52fa09cdc974b970b79/optimized/full.pdf

Either way, the Mc Michaels and probably Mr. Bryan(?) will do some time.

Edited by Wrango
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Wrango said:

Might wanna read this.  Of course, it could be a high level coverup.

https://int.nyt.com/data/documenthelper/6916-george-barnhill-letter-to-glyn/b52fa09cdc974b970b79/optimized/full.pdf

Either way, the Mc Michaels and probably Mr. Bryan(?) will do some time.

I’m not sure what you think that proves? 

36 hours after GBI got involved they had arrest warrants out for the shooters.

If anything, that letter being written in April kind of indicates the mother may have been onto something.

Their own 911 call they admit they hadn’t seen him doing anything wrong, and the only reports of thefts in the area seem to come from the shooter himself.

5 minutes ago, AK_Stick said:

I’m not sure what you think that proves? 

36 hours after GBI got involved they had arrest warrants out for the shooters.

If anything, that letter being written in April kind of indicates the mother may have been onto something.

Their own 911 call they admit they hadn’t seen him doing anything wrong, and the only reports of thefts in the area seem to come from the shooter himself.

Wouldn't be hard to pull the reports to prove there were some thefts in the area.  They should be tracking that anyway.

Edited by Historian
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, AK_Stick said:

They did murder him.....

They chased down an unarmed man in a pickup, and then shot him dead. 

A better question is why you’re framing them as the victims here?

You are pretending to know what was in their minds, and you cannot know that.  Another poster has x-ray vision and can see the shooter crouching in front of the truck in an ambush position, when the rest of us cannot see him because of the truck.  I personally can't see through the truck, I suspect you think you can.

The first person to commit a felony was Arbery.  He made physical contact first and that is pretty obvious in the video.  He ran in front of the truck, and they pop out to the left the truck fighting over the shotgun.  Arbery is hitting the shooter trying to get his gun so he can kill him.  At that point, somebody was going to die, and Arbery wanted to kill him.  If they told Arbery earlier that they called the cops, Arbery had a motive.  Snitches get stitches.

I can't know what was in Arbery's mind any more than you can the shooters, but since you can assign intent to the shooter, I can assign intent to the deceased.

The father had a history with Arbery as an investigator.  Arbery was arrested on a firearms charge, so it wasn't a stretch for the father to assume he was armed.

I've seen too many videos over the last couple of decades where a permit holder or ordinary citizen made one mistake in being the first to act, and it changed them from victim to aggressor, or changed from proper shoot to improper.  When Arbery made physical contact with the shooter, he became the aggressor, regardless of what you THINK was in the shooters mind.  If they were out to kill him, they wouldn't have had a friend with a camera following and Arbery would have been shot in front of the truck from the ambush position.  If they were out to kill him, they wouldn't have allowed him the opportunity to attack them.  I have to admit, he had balls.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, PPQer said:

You are pretending to know what was in their minds, and you cannot know that.  Another poster has x-ray vision and can see the shooter crouching in front of the truck in an ambush position, when the rest of us cannot see him because of the truck.  I personally can't see through the truck, I suspect you think you can.

The first person to commit a felony was Arbery.  He made physical contact first and that is pretty obvious in the video.  He ran in front of the truck, and they pop out to the left the truck fighting over the shotgun.  Arbery is hitting the shooter trying to get his gun so he can kill him.  At that point, somebody was going to die, and Arbery wanted to kill him.  If they told Arbery earlier that they called the cops, Arbery had a motive.  Snitches get stitches.

I can't know what was in Arbery's mind any more than you can the shooters, but since you can assign intent to the shooter, I can assign intent to the deceased.

The father had a history with Arbery as an investigator.  Arbery was arrested on a firearms charge, so it wasn't a stretch for the father to assume he was armed.

I've seen too many videos over the last couple of decades where a permit holder or ordinary citizen made one mistake in being the first to act, and it changed them from victim to aggressor, or changed from proper shoot to improper.  When Arbery made physical contact with the shooter, he became the aggressor, regardless of what you THINK was in the shooters mind.  If they were out to kill him, they wouldn't have had a friend with a camera following and Arbery would have been shot in front of the truck from the ambush position.  If they were out to kill him, they wouldn't have allowed him the opportunity to attack them.  I have to admit, he had balls.

Uh, except that we have the shooters statements on record stating he’s done nothing wrong, and telling 911 he’s running down the street...... 

We have witnesses in the neighborhood who attest that he frequently ran through the neighborhood......

We have two yokels who jumped in a pickup and chased after a man who they told 911 had done nothing wrong, swerved in front of him and jumped out with firearms to confront him. 

I understand you’re trying very hard to paint these guys as the victims, but they were the aggressors no matter what you want to claim. 

The real question is why you’re trying to defend two guys so red handed wrong? It’s like when Patchman died on the hill about the Houston raid gone bad. 

• Eric locked this topic