Contest

4 hours ago, Mrs Glockrunner said:

No way in H*LL would I do that!

https://biggeekdad.com/2019/04/a-strong-marriage/

I do believe that you can support your wife in any circumstances under any conditions.  I don't have to drop her face first in a mud hole to demonstrate this.  I am more impressed by the man that takes on the obstacles and mud holes himself, so the woman doesn't have to.

• Thanks 1

You shouldn't be in that position in the first place.  I guess I'm old school, but I still get positive comments from women when I remember something they tell me that came up in casual conversation.  One of my Grandson's girl friends had a birthday and I gave her a simple inexpensive Betty Boop Watch in Purple.

She aske me why a Betty Boop watch?  I said 'cause you once said you liked her in the old cartoon.  She said then, Why Purple?  I said because you said another time it was your favorite color.  She said, "A man that listens and remembers, priceless.  I was flattered, but felt it was a responsibility to know what people liked and wanted.  It's a chance to make them happy.  I really enjoy making people happy, and women more so since they seem to think it's unusual.

My neighbor woman noticed that my knees were giving me trouble while mowing the yard one day.  She offered to come and mow it for me. I told her that if I let her do my work for me, my father would get up out of his grave and beat me to within an inch of my life.

Men should never let women do their work for them.  I expect some women to tell me what a chauvinist pig I am, but I don't really care what they think of me.  I only care what I think of me! 

p.s.  I'm 6'2", 215lbs. and the wife is 5'1" and you'll have to kill me before I'll tell you her weight!.

Edited by janice6
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Historian said:

I would still do this.   For one reason.  I think the reaction to it by Mrs. Historian would be priceless. 

She has long suffered my twisted sense of humor.

Life has to be fun, it lasts a long time!

1 hour ago, windowasher said:

My wife carries, I wouldn't even think about it

My wife has reminded me of that when it's a question of "forcing" her to do something.  I laugh at her and tell her, "But I taught you how to shoot!".  We both get a good laugh at that.