Tornado kicked our butts - upstate SC

SC Tiger

We got hit by a tornado about a week ago in my hometown in upstate SC.  It destroyed a Borg-Warner manufacturing plant and ripped through several houses.  My neighborhood got hit hard.  Probably 50 houses destroyed or heavily damaged.  The neighborhood that you see in Seneca, SC that got absolutely smashed on the news is my neighborhood.

My house was spared for the most part.  It did take some damage and the roof is going to have to be replaced along with some siding and the gutters - I may just have all of the siding replaced even if I have to pay for it.  Considering what the neighbors are dealing with (the houses on either side of us cannot be lived in right now) I'll take it.

Power was out for a week but my work loaned me a generator, so that helped immensely.

Edited by SC Tiger
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

prayers to you and yours ,   and to a quick turnaround ,    we got hit in 1990  and 2012  ,   both times we came out ok,  except  both time all the gren houses got destroyed and lost  some crops . but all farmers know  if you need

this much  insurance  xxxx   you take out   xxxxxxxxxxxxx that much lol.  the biggest  item  that takes more money from farmers every year  is WEATHER ,  

Wow. I'm glad you made it through with minimal damage. Hopefully recovery goes well and you're settled back in soon. 

Weather scares me. I'm not sure I could live somewhere with that kind of threat from the skies. 

Met with the roofing company today.  Roof, gutters and some siding will be replaced.  Going to upgrade a few things - mainly the gutters and the boots around the plumbing vents.  Plus plan to run a vent to the roof for a proper vent hood in the kitchen.  Best to do that before/while the roof is replaced.