Flying high...

TBO

54 minutes ago, Historian said:

On the large list of things to only do sober...flying is probably very high on the list.

Indeed, although legend has it that way back when, probably outside of any statue of limitations of whatever country in which this may or may not have happened, some DZ operators were rumored to not always have sober pilots nor the people that were pooped out of aircraft for fun.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Al Czervik said:

Indeed, although legend has it that way back when, probably outside of any statue of limitations of whatever country in which this may or may not have happened, some DZ operators were rumored to not always have sober pilots nor the people that were pooped out of aircraft for fun.

Gravity always wins.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Al Czervik said:

Every landing you walk away from is a tie. ?

Flight is one of our greatest achievements.  It's only natural.  Since the first person walked the planet they wanted to fly.

I wanted more than anything to be an air force fighter pilot as a kid.  But turned out so near sited it wasn't an option.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Historian said:

Flight is one of our greatest achievements.  It's only natural.  Since the first person walked the planet they wanted to fly.

I wanted more than anything to be an air force fighter pilot as a kid.  But turned out so near sited it wasn't an option.

In my grade school, I took a quarter of "Link Trainer training", to fly a Piper Cub.  It was part of some Teachers College course stuff.  Our grade school was a "laboratory school" for teaching, therefore I could do that.  Anyway, after the training I got to handle the stick in the back seat of a Piper Cub.  Of course it was in the air, but for a grade school kid it was thrilling! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Historian said:

I bet it was. Wow. 

When I was growing up we always lived near navy bases and the airplanes were a regular thing. They were everywhere.

We had a small airport in my hometown and I used to bike down there and watch the planes.  Since it was a very small airport, I would wander to the hangers and talk and watch the owners work on their planes.  The crop duster was always fixing the undercarriage on his plane.  He said they don't pay you for lost spray, so the fences were a problem for him.