I Need a .32 Gun, What do you folks recommend??

DrB

10 hours ago, Historian said:

So.  I have a question.  Perhaps the brain trust here can answer.

I was given some Turkish (i think) 8mm ammunition with the chrome look to it.   I have some German stuff from about 1940 that looks the same.

What type of ammunition is this?  I know it's FMJ...but is it parade ammunition?  No clue on my part.

Mauser made a bunch of M93 bolts for Turkey between the wars.  8mm Mauser, but some were rimmed, some were slightly larger in diameter.  There is the JS designator, and others.  My 1934 Turkish Mauser fires .323 bullets.  Check your reloading manual, they usually cover the variants.

8mm Mauser is the grandfather of 90% of modern cartridges.  30-06 and ALL it desendants, ie 308, and its children.   7mm Mauser and All its children, 257 Roberts etc.  Even the .45acp.  

8mm Mauser was the first spitzer (pointed) bullet for military use.  

9 minutes ago, Rellik said:

8mm Mauser was the first spitzer (pointed) bullet for military use.  

Oh, it's a round with tremendous history for sure.  I've had a 1941 German rifle I. The safe since I was in college.  Wonderful rifle.

I just don't know what the silver plated ammunition was made form.  Almost looks like polished chrome.

• Like 1

On 4/14/2020 at 9:49 PM, minervadoe said:

In 1973 when this thing was written, how big was the smallest .32 ACP pocket pistol that you could get?

Was it that AMT backup (hand slicing disaster)?

That has to be bigger than a lot of .380 ACP's on the market today.  :whistling:  Just sayin'....  I mean, who wouldn't want to upgrade? 

How does that tune carry....."got a .380 ACP gun in his pocket for fun...."

https://ruger.com/products/lcp/models.html

Nahh.. A .380 won't work, gotta be a .32....  Did not Raven or Jennings make any of theirs in the custom shop?  You know with Pearl grips and all. Perhaps a little gold trim also??

Dave..

• Like 1