Minnesota might just be flattening that coronavirus curve

TBO

11 hours ago, TBO said:

I read the article.  What it doesn't say is the most obvious to anyone who has been here for any length of time, or lived here.

Minnesota is the most liberal state.  The liberals in this state believe in the idea that government is almighty and far surpasses their individual or even their collective  intelligence.

They believe that everything you need can be provided for by big, strong, government.  They believe that all good comes from the government, and you are not a good citizen (Or member of the Democratic Farm Labor political party,  (the Democratic party wasn't liberal enough for Minnesota)) if you question the actions of this state's government.

Minnesota liberals have no problem when told that the state has collected more than 1.3 Billion dollars in taxes over and above their budget this year.  This excess is expected to occur next year also.

It is inconceivable for a Minnesotan to think that the state has over taxed the citizens and should give them their money back.  It is far more desirable for Minnesotans to expect the state to create new welfare programs to give money to people that won't work.

Now the state says "STAY IN YOUR HOUSE AND DON'T COME OUT except for "essential" business.  And as anyone would expect, no one questions the government.  It simply is outside the realm of possibility for the government to do something that is not for your own good and well being...…………………  Long live the Party,  God save the party!  State first, people last.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, janice6 said:

Been isolated for a while now, huh!

It probably gets lost in the post.  The point is, I never had elephants but I give something I did credit for getting rid of them.  In this case there were some elephants but I don't think what the gov is making much difference other than destroying the economy.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, RenoF250 said:

It probably gets lost in the post.  The point is, I never had elephants but I give something I did credit for getting rid of them.  In this case there were some elephants but I don't think what the gov is making much difference other than destroying the economy.

NO, I really understood the post. I just like to poke fun at the Elephant in the room.  I really did appreciate it!

6 hours ago, Historian said:

I keep garlic by the doors and a cross in every room.

Seems to keep my sister-in-law away.

What is absolutely hilarious to me is, that a couple we are friends with have an on going battle about guns.  The husband had a small collection of 1911's, and when he was going to marry his wife to be, She (she had to decide to marry him, or become a Nun.  I swear this is true!) ordered him to get rid of his guns before she would marry him.  He did.  ( I, on the other hand, would have to reconsider my position on the relationship, before starting it out with an ultimatum)

Now we are friends.  I would go visit for coffee during the afternoon and we three would chat about, "many things: Of shoes--and ships--and sealing-wax--Of cabbages--and kings--And why the sea is boiling hot--And whether pigs have wings.".

Anyway the woman knew I carried a gun.  One day she asked me how a shell blew the bullet out the barrel.  I somewhat innocently, pulled out the 4" .357 Magnum revolver I was carrying, and before she had a chance to faint, I opened the cylinder and dumped the shells into my hand. (her husband looked like he had just stepped into a nuddie bar)

I took one of the shells and showed her in detail, the component parts of the shell, explaining how the primer started everything and what it all looked like.  She seemed absolutely fascinated by this.

Afterwards, I put the shells back into the gun and re-holstered it.  She said "do you always carry a loaded gun?", I said yes, long before we met you guys.  She asked if I had it on me every time I visited, I said, yes I did.

I then asked her why she was so against guns.  She said she didn't trust people that carry guns.  I said, I carry a gun, don't you trust me?  She said yes I do.  Then I asked why she trusted me and not the other people with guns.

Now I was interested in her response.  She said that "I trust you".  I said, but I'm no different than all the other people that went through the complex legal process to allow them to carry guns.  She said I know you!  I said then why don't you like your husband to have a gun...……..

The whole conversation suddenly stopped there.  She knew why, and I knew why, and I would be comfortable with her husband carrying a gun either.  He was a nice guy, but not the sharpest tack in the box.

Anyway, she never had any problems with my having a gun in her house even after that.  I thought it was interesting.

47 minutes ago, janice6 said:

What is absolutely hilarious to me is, that a couple we are friends with have an on going battle about guns.  The husband had a small collection of 1911's, and when he was going to marry his wife to be, She (she had to decide to marry him, or become a Nun.  I swear this is true!) ordered him to get rid of his guns before she would marry him.  He did.  ( I, on the other hand, would have to reconsider my position on the relationship, before starting it out with an ultimatum)

He should have kept the pistols.  Honestly, he's not going to compete with God.

Just sayin....that's some high level competition....maker of the universe and all that stuff. 

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, janice6 said:

Anyway, she never had any problems with my having a gun in her house even after that.  I thought it was interesting.

I have a number of very nice people in my life.  Some of them i even consider friends.  But we are very different people.

One of them said, we are like the bonobo monkey.  He pretty much wanted to do nothing more than eat, drink, and...enjoy fornicating.

He looked at me and said.  "You are the viking warrior.  I don't need a gun.  I need you with a gun."

Janice we're just going to have to be the good guy with a gun.  Some people won't take care of themselves.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, janice6 said:

Now we are friends.  I would go visit for coffee during the afternoon and we three would chat about, "many things: Of shoes--and ships--and sealing-wax--Of cabbages--and kings--And why the sea is boiling hot--And whether pigs have wings.".

I had not heard that before.  I had to look it up, a bit Bob Dylanesque.  I dig it.

I had a similar situation with a coworker.  He was interested in guns but did not like the idea of people carrying guns.  I asked him why and he said because then they could kill you.  I said "do you really think the only thing stopping someone from killing you is their ability?"  He looked kind of perplexed.  I expounded a bit more on the ability to kill without a gun but what I gathered from it was in his mind he was safe because people couldn't kill him because they had no gun.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, RenoF250 said:

I had not heard that before.  I had to look it up, a bit Bob Dylanesque.  I dig it.

I had a similar situation with a coworker.  He was interested in guns but did not like the idea of people carrying guns.  I asked him why and he said because then they could kill you.  I said "do you really think the only thing stopping someone from killing you is their ability?"  He looked kind of perplexed.  I expounded a bit more on the ability to kill without a gun but what I gathered from it was in his mind he was safe because people couldn't kill him because they had no gun.

I find this stuff interesting, that people many times profess to not liking the object, when it's the attitude of the person with the object they really don't like.

I have always answered honestly any question to me about guns.  A year or two ago I was petting the neighbor woman's dog, across the fence, and we were chatting.  She mentioned feeling a little concerned being alone with a little boy.

I slowly pulled up my sweatshirt to expose my gun, and I said you could always get one of these.  She didn't bat an eye and said that she had thought of it and she might ask her dad for one of his...……!

It's nice to have good neighbors, especially when they have critters.

Edited by janice6
  • Like 1