Donald John Trump acquitted of the charges in articles

minervadoe

To quote Chief Justice John Roberts:

Two-thirds of the senators present not having pronounced him guilty, the Senate adjudges that the respondent Donald John Trump, President of the United States, is not guilty as charged in the first article of impeachment,

Two-thirds of the senators present not having pronounced him guilty, the Senate adjudges that the respondent Donald John Trump, President of the United States, is not guilty as charged in the second article of impeachment.

It is therefore ordered and adjudged that the said Donald John Trump be, and he is hereby, acquitted of the charges in said articles

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2020/02/05/its-over-president-trump-acquitted-on-impeachment-charges-n2560835

Edited by minervadoe
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

This Theater of the Absurd reminds me of two different themes:

• Alice in wonderland
    • What Republicans think just happened; where an evil queen walks around snapping, "off with their heads," at people who displease her. All the while, she is evidently the most repugnant of them all; drunk on power, obsessed that she control it all.
  • The Wizard of Oz
    • What the Democrats think just happened; where a man behind a curtain pulls strings and blows smoke until he sways the outcome.
  • Like 2

Breaking News!

Anonymous sources confirm that Mitt "Attention Whore" Romney has filed an application to join the Dem party.  In reaction, DNC chairman Tom Perez stated, "We already have plenty of those within our own ranks. We don't want him, maybe the Squad will."

Meanwhile, the Grand Master of Independent Voters publicly stated that they don't want him either. "Why would we? We'd like to preserve our integrity", he added.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Regardless of the outcome, it seems everyone has already forgotten it was a sham impeachment to begin with. It wasn't even bipartisan yet everyone still projects under the guise of a real impeachment/unfair trial.

Sometimes the hypocrisy is so blatant it makes me want to post something. 

4 hours ago, Bish1309 said:

Regardless of the outcome, it seems everyone has already forgotten it was a sham impeachment to begin with. It wasn't even bipartisan yet everyone still projects under the guise of a real impeachment/unfair trial.

Sometimes the hypocrisy is so blatant it makes me want to post something. 

Liberals are being very vocal and it seems to exaggerate their numbers.

Not everyone.  A surprising number of my neighbors are on Trump's side, while at least one is administering a Democratic Action committee funds. 

If he's now a Trump fan, (outright states he will vote Trump along with his Democrat friends) I wouldn't be surprised that those less committed are with Trump too.

This was seen by many as a wholly political biased scam and they resent it.

Edited by janice6