rain we had enough

ASH

yeah my  wifes  hometown of picture rocks ,PA  , have  been getting slammed  with snow.  double edged sword i reckon.   

ive been sealing my basement all last week  and the rain aint helping lol .   i also hate basements ,   specially ones built in 1955 .    

but atleast when it rains  i can  see the leaks lol

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, ASH said:

yeah my  wifes  hometown of picture rocks ,PA  , have  been getting slammed  with snow.  double edged sword i reckon.   

ive been sealing my basement all last week  and the rain aint helping lol .   i also hate basements ,   specially ones built in 1955 .    

but atleast when it rains  i can  see the leaks lol

My parents had our first house built in 1964. Its basement leaked and we were at the top of the street.

We finally had drain tile installed all the way around and a sump pump put in. That ended the wet basement situation.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Bish1309 said:

My parents had our first house built in 1964. Its basement leaked and we were at the top of the street.

We finally had drain tile installed all the way around and a sump pump put in. That ended the wet basement situation.

My daughter has a house on the highest elevation South of town.  It's Clay, and she had the same problem as you.  I helped a neighbor a few lots down from her, dig a trench to drain the water.  Nothing would go into the ground.

My home is on the highest elevation North of town (same elevation as hers.  I sit on 40 feet of Sugar sand, nary a rock to be had.  I joke that when we have a very heavy rain you can put your ear to the basement wall and hear the sand sucking the water down.  My only problem with water, was when the window wells would fill up.  Now I have plastic covers over them and everything is good.

Edited by janice6
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, janice6 said:

My daughter has a house on the highest elevation South of town.  It's Clay, and she had the same problem as you.  I helped a neighbor a few lots down from her, dig a trench to drain the water.  Nothing would go into the ground.

Wonder if a French drain would help her.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Historian said:

Wonder if a French drain would help her.

She had a contractor fix it but I don't know what they did.

Because of the Clay and moisture in the basement, she also installed a false floor over the concrete.  Now she's happy.

I mean, she really did  The false floor herself.  Her husband prides himself on being "unhandy". 

She has also remodeled the whole house interior including moving the basement stairs to a better location.  She also put in a sliding door into an existing wall 'cause she liked sliding doors.

She remarkable at sheet rock walls and millwork!

6 minutes ago, janice6 said:

She had a contractor fix it but I don't know what they did.

Because of the Clay and moisture in the basement, she also installed a false floor over the concrete.  Now she's happy.

I mean, she really did  The false floor herself.  Her husband prides himself on being "unhandy". 

She has also remodeled the whole house interior including moving the basement stairs to a better location.  She also put in a sliding door into an existing wall 'cause she liked sliding doors.

She remarkable at sheet rock walls and millwork!

Wow.  Now that's a handy lady!  Good for her! 

• Thanks 1