I Wonder What Kind Of Welcome I In Store For Them ?

willie-pete

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/attorney-general-barr-announces-expulsion-21-saudi-trainees-204500886.html

" Twenty-one Saudi students will be expelled from the U.S. following an investigation into the Saudi military officer who killed three sailors and wounded eight others at the Naval Air Station in Pensacola last month, Attorney General William Barr announced Monday.

In a news conference at the Justice Department, Barr said an investigation of the shooter Lt. Mohammed Alshamrani has determined he was "motivated by jihadist ideology," and called the attack an "act of terrorism." "

Oh, and a big Shout Out to Apple for all your help.

Not

"

Barr and FBI Deputy Director Bowdich also raised criticism of Apple for what they described as a lack of cooperation with investigators' requests to help access two iPhones that Alshamrani sought to destroy during the shooting.

While FBI technicians have been able to repair the phones, according to Barr, they have not been able to bypass the security functions on the phones to get full access to them.

"So far Apple has not given us any substantive assistance," Barr said. "This situation perfectly illustrates why it is critical that investigators be able to get access to digital evidence once they have obtained a court order based on probable cause."

A senior DOJ official said Apple hasn't answered whether it would even have the capability to unlock the phones, reviving a privacy debate that last rose to national attention when the FBI battled with Apple over gaining access to phones owned by the perpetrators of the San Bernardino terror attack in 2015 "

• Sad 1

The phones is kind of a sticky wicket - in a past case what the FBI wanted Apple to do is to create a version of their OS with a backdoor they could access, and load it onto the phone.  Apple considered that a security risk, if they could even do it.

In that case they got in the phone - rumor says by using an Israeli company that dismounted the memory chips and put them into a different phone or something.

Edited by SC Tiger
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, UHLAWPUP said:

I don’t think anything bad will happen to them, as long as they weren’t involved.

59 minutes ago, Dric902 said:

They will be welcomed as heroes for being here at all

Apple should tell the DOJ to pound sand

Well, the Saudi government may not like the international incident they caused and them throwing up another roadblock in Saudi/US relations.

People have got the head lopped off for a lot less over there.

• Like 1

The Saudi's like the US strength and protection, not to mention the financing.  Remember, the Saudi's are losing market dominance while the US is gaining independence in fuel.  They are losing their influence over the USA but they still represent an operating base in the ME for us.

The Saudis will fight Islamic terrorists and preserve their way of life to the last Ameican soldier.

They are an ally of convenience, nothing more, and we don't need their oil anymore.

Let Europe and China protect their little, corrupt kingdom.

• Like 3

the phone situation i get ,   pandora's box and i dont more government  meddling into  personal business  as in phone or computers .   and i feel apple is the right.   if the government  want into those phones , let them pay the money  to hire people to do it ,  USA has the means and money to hire people to do this and if they cant  get into a phone  then truly are inept .  apple is a business  and helping other compromisr their expensive products would piss off millions  if you invade someones privacy and would prolly go elsewhere .      i also would tell the DOJ TO SUCK IT . 

1 hour ago, ASH said:

the phone situation i get ,   pandora's box and i dont more government  meddling into  personal business  as in phone or computers .   and i feel apple is the right.   if the government  want into those phones , let them pay the money  to hire people to do it ,  USA has the means and money to hire people to do this and if they cant  get into a phone  then truly are inept .  apple is a business  and helping other compromisr their expensive products would piss off millions  if you invade someones privacy and would prolly go elsewhere .      i also would tell the DOJ TO SUCK IT . 

Not about getting into terrorists phones..it’s about getting into anybodies phone.

its just framed that way for public consumption and pending legislation

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Dric902 said:

Not about getting into terrorists phones..it’s about getting into anybodies phone.

Trust the government.  :upeyes:

They wouldn't use illegal surveillance to further their Swap or political ambitions, would they?  :upeyes:

Or lie for 20 years about why we need to spend our blood and treasure in a third-world crap hole whilst making their corrupt leaders, and the Swamp,  rich.  :upeyes:

Yeah.

They can be trusted.  :upeyes:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Dric902 said:

i agree, thats why said it was a pandoras box .  we have enough government intrusion as it is .       

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ASH said:

i agree, thats why said it was a pandoras box .  we have enough government intrusion as it is .       

Trump one day earlier lashed out at Apple for refusing to unlock iPhones "used by killers, drug dealers, and other violent criminal elements."

"They will have to step up to the plate and help our great Country, NOW! MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN"

Trump was referring to Apple's failure to decrypt local data on two iPhones linked to a shooting at a Pensacola naval base in December.

We are helping Apple all of the time on TRADE and so many other issues, and yet they refuse to unlock phones used by killers, drug dealers and other violent criminal elements. They will have to step up to the plate and help our great Country, NOW! MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/apple-technology-privacy-security/2020/01/15/id/949963/

Edited by Dric902

This is the sophistry that the rulers always use when they want to subjugate.

You can't have privacy because, gosh, bad people use the technology!

You can't have a firearms because, gosh, bad people use them to do bad thing!

Next, they will exclaim, You can't have money because, gosh, poor people don't have as much and bad people will only steal it from you!

Trust us.

We are so much smarter, more moral, heck, we're saints, and you just cannot live without  our benevolent guidance.

:upeyes:

• Like 3