The same people who pushed early release for gun felons now want to take guns without due process

pipedreams

This article is a few months old, so it's not a new one. But it does a great job of explaining how politically malicious and intentionally bias Red Flag laws are. This is bad-bad law and leads to powder kegs like we see in Virginia.

"For every person who fits the profile of the El Paso shooter, there are likely thousands who fit the profile of Maurice Hill, the man arrested for shooting six cops in north Philadelphia yesterday. Based on a quick look at court documents from Philadelphia and Delaware Counties, Hill has a rap sheet dating back to 2001 that includes charges for illegal gun possession, drugs, driving offenses, assault, burglary, theft, robbery, kidnapping, and attempted murder. However, according to the Philadelphia Inquirer, he was only “convicted six times on charges that involved illegal possession of guns, drug dealing, and aggravated assault.”

Republicans used to understand that guns don’t kill, but bad people kill, which is why they were for the Second Amendment while against letting out criminals. Now they are seeking to cast a wide net around constitutional rights for a broad population without due process as they release known criminals, including criminal aliens who could be deported, who absolutely had extremely thorough due process. That’s exactly what the Dukakis Democrats stood for. Now, if conservatives will allow the GOP to become the party of Lindsey Grahamnesty and Ivanka Trump, that will be what Republicans stand for as well."

https://www.conservativereview.com/news/people-pushed-early-release-gun-felons-now-want-take-guns-without-due-process/

• Sad 1

i was against this from the Beginning, i think it is way too broad and the guidelines for release are impossible to explain.

the fact that Violent Criminals are being released early for any reason at all is probably not a good starting point but for reasons no one can explain is a terrible idea.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, holyjohnson said:

i was against this from the Beginning, i think it is way too broad and the guidelines for release are impossible to explain.

the fact that Violent Criminals are being released early for any reason at all is probably not a good starting point but for reasons no one can explain is a terrible idea.

If they were incarcerated for good reason, why do they think that reason has changed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1