Star wars NO SPOILERS

ASH

watched last night,   and here is my take ,    i grew  up  in the original Star wars  era   , and  after seeing this final  skywalker  movie  im just pissed .   i will now only acknowledge   the first 3 .  

Disney  ,  lucas   and JJ Abrams  can  go suck it .     what a total piss and **** movie  , specially coming from a big fan of the saga  .     i wont give spoilers  but i will give one little  tidbit  

you could tell even the  people in the movie  had their faces digitally enhanced .   i remember as a young kid  how i felt    and then now as a old man  and i was thinking the whole time

anyone  could have done it better.  never gonna get the taste out of mouth lol .  im a old man pissed and my wife who forever does not watch much of anything  and who has never seen  E.T. 

even said this sucked .   she did watch the last 2 and this one.   they should  have called this one the last dump   .  i will say this also if you go see it  you will go hmmmmmm.  rant over   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'll probably end up going because my son wants to see it, but I already have such a bad attitude about it because of 7 and 8 that I refuse to go opening weekend and contribute to their opening weekend numbers.

Despite SW being a childhood favorite and a life long pastime, I've really been thinking about not going. 

The original was my favorite big screen event and over the decades I've always enjoyed going back for more.  Yeah, the prequals were spotty and had their issues, but seeing scores of skilled Jedi running around with lightsabers, armies of clone troopers, and some good fight choreography made up for the bad areas.  I was excited to go see 7, but left with mixed emotions.  The more I thought about it, the more I was annoyed that they gave us a reboot with almost nothing going forward.  I was very hesitant to see 8, but hoped they'd get things going to bring this epic story arc to a conclusion. But, no, instead they unraveled what little story they had, erased all the hanging questions, and ruined the character of one of my childhood heroes.  Not to mention the PC nonsense and generally inane plot.

A coworker who actually liked 7 and didn't mind 8, who always rolls her eyes when I complain about them, just saw it and came back complaining about how bad it was.

Just great.

They should have put the Timothy Zahn novels on the big screen years ago with Luke, Han, Thrawn, etc.  It would have been an infinitely better way to end the series.

• Like 2

yeah i grew up  with the first 3   and own  box sets of the originals  not the   remastered digital bs  ,  i have not seen a movie  in a very long that i liked  in a series type  ,  i still got a lot of original 

toys from the movies ,  me and the wife dont really watch alot of tv   excpet we do follow the walking dead   and  the  LOST  when it was on  , i put this movie right there next to the final lost episode 

for teenagers  nowadays  and twenty somethings   they prolly  love the last few movies    as for the people like us  the oldies  it left a bad bad taste  ,  i  knew  when Disney got a hold on the series

i just knew  it was gonna be suck town  ,   i honestly think  they could have picked the most hard core fan of the originals to write better  .  with this crap  im glad its the last skywalker . 

i saw a interview of Mark Hamill and  he spoke about having differences  and head butts  with powers at be about the way it should end and i should have known then ,

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, ASH said:

...  i put this movie right there next to the final lost episode ...

Wow, that really was bad then, wasn't it?

Lost, a great story idea ruined with nonsense, unresolved plot lines, and increasingly stupid script writing.  This is sounding familiar.

• Like 4