Ideas for New Scopes for These old Clunky Rifles

DrB

Bubba Ruined these rifles.  The front sights are missing and they mounted junky scopes. There are stamps in the stocks so I guess I'm a gonna have to sand them down and start over and get some good scopes to mount..

Yea...I am just joking.....  Keep the pitch forks and torches at home..........Dave....

03A4A.jpg

03A4B.jpg

03A3C.jpg

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, minervadoe said:

So, what's the plan here?  :whistling:

Since you asked. 

Since Bubba ruined these fine military rifles by taking off the front and rear sights and mounting some cheap scopes.  He even ground down the bolts so they would open with the scopes mounted.  Stamped the receiver with the serial number in a different place because the scope mounts covered up the original. 

I called Remington up to see if they would send me the correct parts and they just laughed at me...

Since they are forever ruined I'm thinking about getting some nice Boyd's stocks and a couple of nice Tasco scopes for them.  Might saw the barrels down to 18" to make nice handy carbines. for throwing in the truck.

Dave......

• Like 2

10 hours ago, DrB said:

Since you asked. 

Since Bubba ruined these fine military rifles by taking off the front and rear sights and mounting some cheap scopes.  He even ground down the bolts so they would open with the scopes mounted.  Stamped the receiver with the serial number in a different place because the scope mounts covered up the original. 

I called Remington up to see if they would send me the correct parts and they just laughed at me...

Since they are forever ruined I'm thinking about getting some nice Boyd's stocks and a couple of nice Tasco scopes for them.  Might saw the barrels down to 18" to make nice handy carbines. for throwing in the truck.

Dave......

Rather than going full retard with a "sporter" stock, just leave the stocks the way they are and replace the front sights just for looks. Then mount decent scopes on them

21 hours ago, Borg warner said:

Rather than going full retard with a "sporter" stock, just leave the stocks the way they are and replace the front sights just for looks. Then mount decent scopes on them

Nahhh.  I was just joking.  They are going to stay how they are.  The scopes are original not repros.  Bubba, I am not.  I love these old rifles.

Dave...

• Like 1