How do you make your BBQ burgers?

Wrango

I always keep them simple.  Coarse ground pepper and salt.  You can always add a grilled onion on top if you want to kick it up a notch.

Slice a large onion thick, cover with olive oil, salt, & pepper.  Grill with the burgers then put on top when done.

• Like 1

I'm sophisticated; I break out the George Foreman grill. 

I have a pellet smoker but haven't tried burgers on it.  I have a nice Weber gas grill that I use when the weather is nice.  Traeger makes a variety of nice seasonings that I like to use.  

If you're looking for something past the usual cheeseburger with K/M/P/O, Weber has a great book called Weber's Big Book Of Burgers with lots of recipes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

When I make burgers for the GRILL (not the same as BBQ), I mix the rub into the meat so the flavor is throughout the burger and let the meat get room temperature for even cooking and for the flavors to seep into the meat. Then a light coat of rub on the outside.

I soak some hickory or cherry wood chips in water then wrap in aluminum foil or use a smoker box. I place that under the grates on one side and preheat the grill and get the smoke going.

I then drop the burgers right on top of the smoke and cook them slow.

Meanwhile I have sliced onions on the other side lightly brushed with olive oil and grill those as well.

• Like 1

I cringe at cooking threads on gun forums. Perhaps it is just the different parts of the country, but Y'all sure make cooking a burger complicated.

Even worse, start reading BBQ threads. OMG, what a bunch of sophisticates. A little salt and pepper, if that, and good smoke, you're in business. Leave the rubs, soaks, marinade, super secret recipe's, and trimming to the unwashed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LostinTexas said:

I cringe at cooking threads on gun forums. Perhaps it is just the different parts of the country, but Y'all sure make cooking a burger complicated.

Even worse, start reading BBQ threads. OMG, what a bunch of sophisticates. A little salt and pepper, if that, and good smoke, you're in business. Leave the rubs, soaks, marinade, super secret recipe's, and trimming to the unwashed.

Add some Eastern style North Carolina barbecue sauce and I'm with you. 

• Like 2

On 11/10/2019 at 7:15 AM, LostinTexas said:

Yeah. Don't overpower your meat.