Terminator Dark Fate is worth watching

Fnfalman

I’m going to watch it again today or tomorrow. 

the ending is predictable but the execution was great. It might be a Tim Miller movie but you can definitely see the Cameron influences. 

and no, it’s not an estrogen fest. And yes, Linda Hamilton looked like hell and it fits perfectly into this Role. 

i am not going to ruin the plot but it’s not Skynet and there’s a reason for it. 

anyway to me the story is about the follies of humanity and why we kept making The same  mistakes over and over again. 

The tall chick was kind of awkward in his character but otherwise I liked the movie.  Some people were criticizing that the little Latina didn't portray herself to be some sort of badass like her future self supposed to be.  Well, duh!!!  She wasn't a badass yet.  No difference from Sarah Connor when Reese got to her. 

• Like 1

im just picky  on reboots  or where a franchise  makes 5 or 10 movies then later  makes another movie and  says  ohh forgetthe other 8 movies they never happened lol .   i like in the 3rd one sarah died of cancer  no wait ,  reboot .  

studios need to leave movies alone thats been made becasuse they are never better.   i saw a list of movies  that are getting reboots  in the next year or 2  and i just had to sigh ,  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ASH said:

im just picky  on reboots  or where a franchise  makes 5 or 10 movies then later  makes another movie and  says  ohh forgetthe other 8 movies they never happened lol .   i like in the 3rd one sarah died of cancer  no wait ,  reboot .  

studios need to leave movies alone thats been made becasuse they are never better.   i saw a list of movies  that are getting reboots  in the next year or 2  and i just had to sigh ,  

Agreed, but hey, I gotta get my entertainment somehow. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Maser said:

I've heard some very mixed feelings on it.  I'll just wait for the Blu-Ray. 

I thought that Tim Miller did a pretty good job as director. 

Frankly, some people get all anal over nothing, like the right winger criticism about the cages at the illegal aliens detention center.  There were illegal aliens in real life.  Detention centers are made up with chicken wire cages in real life.  Get over it.  Or criticism about "woke" estrogen fest.  I didn't see any.  I saw two women with different backgrounds trying to establish dominance over each other's idea of keeping the high value package alive.

If anything, the T-800 character's contrition was a little bit too trite. 

The new Terminator got a lame name that's forgettable, which is unfortunate, but I like its relentlessness and how the good guys were at the end of the rope towards the end. 

• Thanks 1