Tire question Primacy or Premier

gwalchmai

My 2014 Accord's about ready for new tires. Costco has a special on Michelins this month and both the Primacy Tour A/S and the Premier A/S are the same price. I'm trending toward the Premier since it has a slightly higher UTQG and treadwear. Anyone have any strong feelings they'd like to share?

Not enough reviews on Tire Rack.  www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Michelin&tireModel=Primacy+Tour+A%2FS

Brief Tire Rack review.  www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/testDisplay.jsp?ttid=244

I know the Premiers are top rated. And I/we've been very pleased with the 18-inch Premiers I put on my wife's '16 Avalon Touring.

Discount Tire has price matched Costco on both the Premiers and the Defenders on my 4Runner. And that includes the one cent per wheel mounting and balancing. And they took the $70 rebate off the price I paid instead of making me wait for the rebate.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, johnbt said:

Not enough reviews on Tire Rack.  www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Michelin&tireModel=Primacy+Tour+A%2FS

Brief Tire Rack review.  www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/testDisplay.jsp?ttid=244

I know the Premiers are top rated. And I/we've been very pleased with the 18-inch Premiers I put on my wife's '16 Avalon Touring.

Discount Tire has price matched Costco on both the Premiers and the Defenders on my 4Runner. And that includes the one cent per wheel mounting and balancing. And they took the $70 rebate off the price I paid instead of making me wait for the rebate.

I tried the local Discount Tires a while back.  Got a price, seemed high, and a local shop was able to beat it by over $100 for four tires.

I like Continental Extreme Contact because it has a wide band without the circular grooves.  Most tires have the grooves that go all the way around and I don't like that because we have a lot of grooved concrete and the two interact and pull the car all over.

• Like 1

I had the Primacy MXV4 on my Focus for 80k miles. They disappeared and all I could find was the Premier A/S when I needed new ones. They only lasted 46k. Both rode, handled, and gripped fine in all elements. But the treadwear of the Premiers left me highly disappointed. Now I missed a couple tire rotations but even so, they wouldn't have made it much past 50k. So I put on the MXM4s a few moths ago.