The latest crap sandwich.

Silentpoet

Sorry you were lied to, happy that the dude didn't kill himself, and agree with others not to trust him ever again. Don't beat yourself up... sharing with us was coping... more should confide in their friends. Thanks for doing it.

Went down this road about 10 years ago. An employee committed suicide. Was depressed, seeing a doctor, wife tried to remove all firearms and ammo, but he had hidden one. Wife left the house, and he shot himself in the garage. She found him when she got home.

Bottom line: he made the decision to kill himself. People tried to help, but he made a premeditated decision to end his life. I was the last to talk with him before he left work... seemed in good spirits. I remember we talked about a John Wayne movie, Rio Bravo. He had a poster on the wall. All smiles, he left for home. Got the news the next morning.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On ‎9‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 8:39 PM, janice6 said:

My son and I were working in the garage, each on our different projects.  He was having a bad time doing something, so I told him how I dealt with the problem in the past.

He ignored me and continued to have a problem.  I again told him that my method eliminated that problem phase.

He looked at me and said, " I'd like to make my own mistakes!".

I had to agree that he had a damn good argument.  I remember this when I see something turning to crap and after I offered a suggestion. 

I learned to offer help, and if it wasn't accepted, my responsibility ended right there.

Now, he has a child of his own...…………..  

Letting go is hard, especially if it's family. That said, he has a point, and likely learned more from his failed efforts than if he had let you swoop in to the rescue. From outside, it's easy to see. But from inside any given situation (like what SP is going through), it's hard to see that you did what's right.  Lots of us have demons, ghosts, people we will never forget. Coming to terms with their passing, and our role in it, can be a struggle.

J6, you're always as thoughtful and thorough as can be in your posts. and I learn from you almost daily. you're good peeps.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tadbart said:

Letting go is hard, especially if it's family. That said, he has a point, and likely learned more from his failed efforts than if he had let you swoop in to the rescue. From outside, it's easy to see. But from inside any given situation (like what SP is going through), it's hard to see that you did what's right.  Lots of us have demons, ghosts, people we will never forget. Coming to terms with their passing, and our role in it, can be a struggle.

J6, you're always as thoughtful and thorough as can be in your posts. and I learn from you almost daily. you're good peeps.

I think I have had longer to screw up than you guys.  You'll get there yet!

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Silentpoet said:

Now I feel like an idiot for sharing.  

18 hours ago, Silentpoet said:

Well it turns out we have been hoaxed.  Like I said the man has mental health issues.  One of the caseworkers got a voicemail from him. I had never been able to get solid confirmation.      Though our Sheriff’s office thought it confirmed.  I found out this morning.  

That's probably easier to get over than the alternative.   Better to be pissed off at him than having "What could I have done differently?" playing over and over for a long time.  It tends to do that when the true answer was "nothing".

Glad you'll be alright.

• Like 2

Often the most difficult things in life are: Walking away.  Not saying anything, when you have nothing to say.  Saying, "I don't know".

But, one of the hardest, is to recognize when you can't change the outcome, no matter how much you try, or how much you care.

• Like 3