Dorian

Al Czervik

1 hour ago, willie-pete said:

but an earlier forecast a few days ago had a Cat 2 eye over my house.

Two mornings ago (even yesterday, I think),  every weather forecast on every channel and website had it at a 100% chance of a 90° westerly turn.

And,  we only have 11 1/2 years left before the world is inhabitable.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Huaco Kid said:

Two mornings ago (even yesterday, I think),  every weather forecast on every channel and website had it at a 100% chance of a 90° westerly turn.

And,  we only have 11 1/2 years left before the world is inhabitable.

Weather Men do it with crystal balls.

:whistling:

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Dric902 said:

Are you gonna stay?

we have friends in Jacksonville who are coming north to visit family for a few days

Yes.  I've already hit the store to freshen up my supplies.  Gas is already gone.

Next up, dealing with boats.

Big party is happening tomorrow.

• Like 2

got lucky in jacksonville and back here in nc , then the damn thing hit ocracoke  and house there pretty messed up , will be some months to fix everything , but got damn good insurance .  3 times  what i need .  owning at beach its a must   ,thankfull not alot of water damage ,  ripped my new deck i built 2 years  completely down  and cant find lol .   

but nobody killed ,things can be replaced , and that was a monster of storm that could have whipped us out for good ,  greenhouse safe , berries safe .  

prayers to those ywho got him harder

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have friends in Middleburg, Southwest of Jacksonville, and here's the picture they sent me the evening Dorian was closest to them last Wednesday:

They figured they lucked out this year so before hurricane season next year they're going to get a back-up generator, about a 2.5 or 3 KW Honda and just have it run some lights and the refrigerator. They're planning on building a shed for it on the corner of the house.

jAcksonvilleil.jpg

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Borg warner said:

I have friends in Middleburg, Southwest of Jacksonville, and here's the picture they sent me the evening Dorian was closest to them last Wednesday:

They figured they lucked out this year so before hurricane season next year they're going to get a back-up generator, about a 2.5 or 3 KW Honda and just have it run some lights and the refrigerator. They're planning on building a shed for it on the corner of the house.

jAcksonvilleil.jpg

If I was threatened by Hurricanes, I would make it a small concrete block house for the generator and fuel, with just enough extra room for my family to ride out the wind or a tornado for a day or so.  water is a different problem. 

6 minutes ago, janice6 said:

If I was threatened by Hurricanes, I would make it a small concrete block house for the generator and fuel, with just enough extra room for my family to ride out the wind or a tornado for a day or so.  water is a different problem. 

Back in the 50's people built fallout shelters. A hurricane shelter wouldn't be a bad idea.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, janice6 said:

Up here we have basements.  Down there, some concrete structure would seem a good idea.

after my mom passed we renovated , my  mom and dads and moved in it ,  its got a big basement so we are covered here , and unless we get hit with a   200 foot wave basement is dry ,  mainly for twisters ,  i was thinking of building a geodesic dome home on the coast , but on the island there are strict rules , and i would have a hard sell  to the commissioners  , i followed up on it couple of years ago and it would be in some years to even kick start it . dorian just trashed the island like a lil bitch ,  sad

Edited by ASH
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1