My uncle is retiring.

Cougar_ml

So my uncle spent 31 years as a police officer.  Going to remove his name from it, but here's what was posted on his department's facebook.

After more than 31 years of serving the citizens of ######, Police Officer Bruce #### will call it a career this evening as he works his final patrol shift. Serving most of his career in a patrol car, Officer #### was also a DARE Instructor, Emergency Vehicle Operator’s Course (driving) Instructor, and Sniper on the regional Crisis Response Unit (commonly referred to as the SWAT team). The ###### Police Department wishes Bruce the best of happiness as he closes this chapter and moves to the next journey in his life. Thank you for your service Bruce!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My dad went and talked to him a little bit today.  My dad's first statement was "They finally pissed you off enough that you quit"

My cousin was with her dad at the time and just busted out laughing.  

Turns out, there has been some stuff going on lately that's really stupid according to my uncle, so yes, that's the exact situation.  

Edited by Cougar_ml
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, DWARREN123 said:

Let him know we appreciate his service to his community and wish him well!

Retiring can be a very great change in a persons life and cause some problems if they are not ready for it.

If you accept it, it's the best time of your life.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...