It's official, Android OS is a 10!

TBO

23 minutes ago, holyjohnson said:

so if i were to decide to buy a phone after all these years,why would i buy this one over another?

and why on earth would i want a screen that folds?

The most important reason, is so you can impress your friends with just how little regard you have for money, that you can blow a significant amount on a phone. 

It's so you can feel superior to those fools that by a smart  phone just to make phone calls.

It's to have so many apps, that you can fool others into thinking you are a digital geek, while all the time you are playing a card game or some such silly crap that your kids wouldn't even do.

I hate phones.  People call you and interrupt you when it's convenient to them but not to you. 

That said.  I have one so I can appear busy and not have to talk to the many idiots that have trouble putting two thoughts together.

I'm a man and I'm an a'hole, and I won't change even if I have to.

Edited by janice6
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, janice6 said:

The most important reason, is so you can impress your friends with just how little regard you have for money, that you can blow a significant amount on a phone. 

It's so you can feel superior to those fools that by a smart  phone just to make phone calls.

It's to have so many apps, that you can fool others into thinking you are a digital geek, while all the time you are playing a card game or some such silly crap that your kids wouldn't even do.

I hate phones.  People call you and interrupt you when it's convenient to them but not to you. 

That said.  I have one so I can appear busy and not have to talk to the many idiots that have trouble putting two thoughts together.

I'm a man and I'm an a'hole, and I won't change even if I have to.

i actually enjoy watching people who are on their phones in public,not just walking into stuff but just the busywork they are doing and the noninteracting they do.

people tell me i should get a cell phone and no one can really give a good answer as to why i should or what makes the Iphone10 better then the G10.  

i really have no idea why anyone would need a folding screen though,

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, holyjohnson said:

i actually enjoy watching people who are on their phones in public,not just walking into stuff but just the busywork they are doing and the noninteracting they do.

people tell me i should get a cell phone and no one can really give a good answer as to why i should or what makes the Iphone10 better then the G10.  

i really have no idea why anyone would need a folding screen though,

I retired from a 40+ year in Electronics and Physics research. 

I agree with you. 

There isn't a good technical reason to select a very expensive on over a moderately expensive one.  It's a method of amusement and a phone.  The cost depends on which you value more.

I do find that Apps are available to do spectral analysis, Magnetic field measurements, Earth compass functions, WiFi monitoring of your computer network, Monitoring of all network devices, shot timers, GPS location, Viewing of Internet security cameras, Musical tuning apps, Memo functions,  Remote control of various house functions, Barcode scanners, Endoscope displays, I use the camera to record difficult to get into physical locations and instant recording of temporary information, and last but not least, all the music you can imagine.

So you see that the least of all functions I use on my phone is to actually call someone on the phone.

To each his/her own, but it really is a great test system for so many applications.  I paid $240 for mine simply to get a larger screen, I'm old and it helps.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Rellik said:

All y'all all's can pound sand.  I'm still on a 3G flip phone!  ?

thats funny because my emergency traveling wife-makes me take it burner phone is a Samsung gusto flip phone that i bought for $15 at walmart a decade ago and i was in Milwaukee last week at the Amtrak station and it rang,the look on the guy sitting across from me was priceless.

i know i`ll have to break down and get a smart phone eventually,the home security monitoring alone is worth it now.

Edited by holyjohnson
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, holyjohnson said:

i know i`ll have to break down and get a smart phone eventually,the home security monitoring alone is worth it now.

I've been saying that for a couple of years now.  And yes I do see the utility for one, I just don't want to pay that much money for a phone.  Is there someplace that sells good used phone?  Like a good clean used car dealer?  Last years model on close-out?  

The only reason I have a flat screen is that a relative passed, else I'd still be watching a big box tv.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rellik said:

I've been saying that for a couple of years now.  And yes I do see the utility for one, I just don't want to pay that much money for a phone.  Is there someplace that sells good used phone?  Like a good clean used car dealer?  Last years model on close-out?  

The only reason I have a flat screen is that a relative passed, else I'd still be watching a big box tv.  

Sure.  You can get refurbished phones, look at your service provider or on the internet.

• Like 1