My Latest Speaker Find.

DrB

Free...  Have 7 of these now plus 2 of the smaller ones.  This stuff follows me home if I see free in my eyes...  Was a sign on them... "Free...  Please Take These"  I did..

Dave..

DefTech1.jpg

DefTech3.jpg

Edited by DrB
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, tous said:

Nice find, amigo.

What are you plugging them in to?

Drug this out so I'm going to fire her up. Dynaco ST-150.  Now I have to go digging to pull out a crossover so I can extract the low freqs. for the sub channels.

Dynaco_1.jpg

Dynaco_2.jpg

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, BamaBud said:

Ahhh.  Finished K-C-BR?

Just what I have. Along with a couple pair of H-WO.

Were you in the day of The Audio Amateur Magazine and building/modifying everything for better sound?  I have all the back issues form Old Colony Sound.   Through the years I have chased the dragons tail...  Put it aside for years but now the dragon is rising it's head again..  I don't need this addiction again....

Dave...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DrB said:

Were you in the day of The Audio Amateur Magazine and building/modifying everything for better sound?  I have all the back issues form Old Colony Sound.   Through the years I have chased the dragons tail...  Put it aside for years but now the dragon is rising it's head again..  I don't need this addiction again....

Dave...

I started building Dyna components with my father. Became a sound technician later, just throwing money at systems. I kinda outgrew the modding stage.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, BamaBud said:

I started building Dyna components with my father. Became a sound technician later, just throwing money at systems. I kinda outgrew the modding stage.

I have worked in the audio/video field for over 40 years now. It's still in my blood a little.  I remember stripping the solder of of circuit boards and replacing with silver solder.  I wound my own Litz wire for tonearms.  Those were the days. As you I built many Dyna kits. 

With the advent of Digital, Analog faded with the young folks.  Somebody has to keep up with the old.  Guess I am one of those.

Dave..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1