Lowes Customer Service Was Excellent Today

DrB

Went there to get a step ladder.  Tag said sale $49.00 regular $69.00.  At checkout got charged $69.00.  When I asked the checkout woman, she was kinda snarky.  Being polite I'm not one to argue with them, ok fine.  Put the ladder in my truck and back in I went.  Talked to a supervisor who was standing there and she looked, sale was over 4 days ago when she read the tag.  She ripped it off and said was not my fault. Off we go to the checkout counter, gave me back the difference...... no problem.  

She looked a little pissed when she ripped the sale tag off and realized it was 4 days out of date. Someone is going to be in the **** can who forgot to remove the tag.  

Excellent.. Dave..

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Zonny said:

Of course. I worked retail (unfortunately) for many years. Had they not honored that price, I would have been surprised. I however, commend you for the way you handled it. 

Sometimes just walking back in and asking, not getting all bent out of shape works miracles.  The checkout girl had no idea, not her fault..

Dave..

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I tried a , "Here's your sign," Redneck humor at the Lowe's many years ago.  We were putting up what ended up being a defective ceiling fan.  So, I take it to the service counter and told them I would like to obtain a refund for a fan that is defective.  The lady at the counter wanted to know what was wrong with it.  I couldn't help myself, "It doesn't go round and round."  So, she called a manager over and asked what the complaint was.  I think he about fell out laughing, and told her to refund it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've had good luck at both.  The only major difference I've seen is appliances because Lowes has a better delivery policy.  

HD around here only delivers on Thursdays.  I think because HD is more geared towards contractors.

The Lowes around here has a few cashiers with the personality of a chain saw but they aren't that bad - it doesn't cause an issue.

I probably would have left the ladder at the front when it came up wrong.

In general I like Lowes but lowes.com can suck it.  There was a hot deal on some impact socket sets so I ordered 2 even though I did not need them.  Their web order system sucks, says they were delivered and when I checked on them they said the price was in error so they would not ship and credit me.  I told them that was piss poor and I would not be using lowes.com again.

1 hour ago, RenoF250 said:

I probably would have left the ladder at the front when it came up wrong.

Except that it didn’t come up “wrong”. It came up right, the ad was changed in the system at the end of the ad run. The “wrong” was that the tag wasn’t removed; human error. But, Lowe’s made it ALL right. Can’t complain about that. 

• Thanks 1

Loewes is the store I consistently hear comments about, here in Maine. I'm assuming y'all are scattered around the country, but having similar positive words for them. Somebody in management must really be on the ball to inspire this.

Lowes doesn't do well in my town.  They have very few clerks and CS is nonexistent.

Besides the above, I have trouble walking now with painful Arthritis in both knees and when I went to go out the door I came in, because it was  the nearest exit to my car, the clerk locked the door refused to allow me to use it, and I had to walk the whole length of the store to get out, then walk the length of the store to get to my car.

NO!

Edited by janice6

1 hour ago, janice6 said:

Lowes doesn't do well in my town.  They have very few clerks and CS is nonexistent.

Besides the above, I have trouble walking now with painful Arthritis in both knees and when I went to go out the door I came in, because it was  the nearest exit to my car, the clerk locked the door refused to allow me to use it, and I had to walk the whole length of the store to get out, then walk the length of the store to get to my car.

NO!

Locked the door to keep you in??  Did you get his job?  I think I would go nuclear for that.  I go out the in door all the time and no one even looks at me.  Led Zeppelin even has an album dedicated to it.

• Thanks 1

We use Lowes whenever possible and for the most part have been treated good. I will no longer use them for anything that requires having to order something though. We waited 18 months for doors that were ordered incorrectly 5 times.

I do not go to Homo Depot unless I absolutely have no other buying options available. They donate their profits to gay parades and I refuse to have my money go towards that.

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/home-depot-pledges-to-continue-support-for-gay-agenda-despite-massive-petit

http://www.mafamily.org/gay-agenda/home-depot-sponsors-gay-pride-float-in-parade/1088/

Edited by Mike
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Presguy said:

Wow... I've gotta admit I'm kinda surprised to hear that.

A) The employee's behavior was pretty poor

B) In every city where I've lived, Lowes has always had better service than HD.

HD here doesn't care about shoppers, but they at least let people leave the store from any door.

I have a framed 19th Century (mid) of the Lowe's wedding in my mother's tree.  She keeps saying she should go to corporate and claim shares.  LOL  My wife in her terror of organization stored it someplace.  If my memory serves it was Yudith Lowe being married off, with more Lowes than could be counted according to the document.  Lowe, being a Jewish name.  If the bigots that shopped there only knew. :)

Edited by Moshe

1 hour ago, Moshe said:

I have a framed 19th Century (mid) of the Lowe's wedding in my mother's tree.  She keeps saying she should go to corporate and claim shares.  LOL  My wife in her terror of organization stored it someplace.  If my memory serves it was Yudith Lowe being married off, with more Lowes than could be counted according to the document.  Lowe, being a Jewish name.  If the bigots that shopped there only knew. :)

I gotta tell ya.......I've been re-reading this for awhile now, and it still makes almost no sense. I think my brain has been broken.

• Like 1

I have a marriage certificate from the 1800's of the marriage of a woman whose first name means Jewish woman.  Like the variant of my own mother.  The last name Lowe is Jewish in origin.  "Jewish (Ashkenazic; Löwe): ornamental name from German Löwe ‘lion’. Jewish (Ashkenazic): Germanized form of Levy. "  

My Paternal Grand mother was Esta Meyers.  Not Spanish for "This." 

Is a girls' name is of Hebrew origin, and the meaning of Esta is "myrtle, bride; star". Latinate form of Esther.
Read more at http://www.thinkbabynames.com/meaning/0/Esta#4UiBLkKOIRjQBs3F.99

why  is  my print so small , lol   i cant reset it larger  .  go  bold i reckon .  anyway lowes here rocks ,  and i do not just say that because i own stock ,  so buy  from 

lowes .  right now price is 105 share   5 year  yield is supposed to be 168  ?

2 hours ago, ASH said:

why  is  my print so small , lol 

If you are in Chrome hold the CTRL key and scroll with your mouse wheel s l o w l y and you'll see your browser resize the content. Works with IE and Edge, too.

• Like 1

On 7/15/2019 at 3:44 PM, Zonny said:

Except that it didn’t come up “wrong”. It came up right, the ad was changed in the system at the end of the ad run. The “wrong” was that the tag wasn’t removed; human error. But, Lowe’s made it ALL right. Can’t complain about that. 

Exactly...    I did not make a hissey fit at the checkout to hold everyone else up. I paid, put the ladder in my truck, went back in to explore why the difference.  They took care of me quickly.

Dave..