My fun today, pushing myself in the gym.

Silentpoet

Jeezus! I'd have gotten it off if the bench, shat myself, dropped it and cut myself in half with the bar.

Careful if you're working out solo. Nobody wants to be found cut in half with drawers full of last nights dinner.

The last time I lifted 300lbs....

never.

The last time I lifted 200lbs....

probably never.

The last time I put 200lbs on it's butt....

a long time ago.

The last time I put 300lbs on it's butt....

probably never.  Because they can't skate. (and God help us if some of them figure it out; keep your head on a swivel and don't be there.  they can't be very fast.)

2 hours ago, KWalrad said:

Watching that back arch like that, you ever wonder if you're gonna blow your O-ring out?

I'll bet the thought crosses your mind next time. -_-

Not really I don’t have all that big/good of an arch.  The arch is a lot better and safer for the shoulders.

7 hours ago, KWalrad said:

Jeezus! I'd have gotten it off if the bench, shat myself, dropped it and cut myself in half with the bar.

Careful if you're working out solo. Nobody wants to be found cut in half with drawers full of last nights dinner.

That’s why I do my shirted bench work in a power rack. The possibility of failure is higher.    I had an earlier miss at 315. Went up about half way and just freakin died on me.

my senior year of high school, 315 was my max. Off season, I weighed in at 150#.  It's 34 years later,  I'm almost 100#'s heavier and I have a hard time getting myself off the couch

Edited by tehan2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I've started leading off my chest work with inclines.  Helps keep the weight down for flat bench (kind of a pre-exhaustion idea I guess - and it helps reduce the presence of moobs).  But I keep my reps around the 8 and above mark.  Old shoulders don't heal like they used to.

I like the pad strapped to the bar.  Where did you get that?

Was gonna say "Damn, you're even uglier than I thought you'd be" but then I looked in a mirror and realized that would be the pot calling the kettle black.... :anim_rofl2:

17 hours ago, Silentpoet said:

That’s why I do my shirted bench work in a power rack. The possibility of failure is higher.    I had an earlier miss at 315. Went up about half way and just freakin died on me.

Attack your triceps.  The normal sticking point on BP is right about where the elbows form a 90 degree angle as that's where the triceps take more of the load.

4 hours ago, SC Tiger said:

I've started leading off my chest work with inclines.  Helps keep the weight down for flat bench (kind of a pre-exhaustion idea I guess - and it helps reduce the presence of moobs).  But I keep my reps around the 8 and above mark.  Old shoulders don't heal like they used to.

I like the pad strapped to the bar.  Where did you get that?

Was gonna say "Damn, you're even uglier than I thought you'd be" but then I looked in a mirror and realized that would be the pot calling the kettle black.... :anim_rofl2:

Attack your triceps.  The normal sticking point on BP is right about where the elbows form a 90 degree angle as that's where the triceps take more of the load.

https://www.elitefts.com/benchblokz-2-3-4-5-board.html

This is where I got it.  But Amazon and a bunch of other places have it. Board presses really punish the triceps.  On a good day I can get 275 for 3 to 3 board height.  Saturday all I managed was two after all the other work.  I kind of punked out on that set though,  Normally if I can get the weight to wear my triceps take over I can finish the lift.  But the 315 just was moving too slow. In part I think I wasn't tight enough and didn't control it as good on the way down to set up my press.  Based on how easy 295 was it should have gone up.