When Did Old Sneak Up On Me?

Moshe

I'd sneak to the cafeteria, and be standing in line, wearing a gown,  with coco-puffs and donuts and milkshakes, and the cashier lady would say, "I need to see your wristband."

"Sure."

She says, "You can't have any of this."

I elbowed toward  the nurse behind me, whom I'd never seen before.

She beeps my band and I eated well.

On ‎2‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 1:11 PM, Moshe said:

Well, surgery is being scheduled.  I am good with the IV sedation.  No idea how long the recovery will be.  But, it would be nice to see out without have the shades closed  so to speak.

Had first eye done in December, second one 10 days ago.  Was seeing great just hours after surgery, very little discomfort.  Eye shield you have to wear to sleep is a real PIA.  Enough eye drops to float a canoe.  Follow Dr's instructions and you'll be fine.

• Like 2

On ‎2‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 6:23 AM, Huaco Kid said:

I did cancer twice.

I don't like hospitals, and they don't like me.

So, gimme some ****ing donuts.

I got a diagnosis of cancer once, just because the red blood counts were way high Polycemia Vera.  I decided I wanted to get a second opinion that involved a biopsy.  That contradicted the previous diagnosis.  So, according to MD Anderson, the first doctor was full of crap, and the bone marrow came back negative.  I understand the stress, and concern, when you are told that maybe you will live as longa s your GSD, and then find out your are free and clear.  I feel for people going through this.

• Like 1

One day I was driving down the road with two friends of mine.  I got a call on the cell over the car speaker system.  The call was from my doctor telling me I have a Melanoma, and I need to come in right away.  I couldn't shut the damn phone down because of the traffic, and I didn't like the doctor ignoring me when I said I would call him back.

Now I have to put up with these two guys showing me how concerned they are when it is a private affair and not for public distribution.

I blew it off, but was really pissed that the doctor wouldn't shut up when I said I was in a situation where I didn't want any opinions from the gallery.  I would much rather be told  personal information in a personal situation.  Not when I'm in a crowd!

They treated it, and it came to nothing.

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 2:01 PM, AZ Husker said:

If this is your first rodeo with the camera you're still a young buck.

Sadly it is not.  It has been in both sides, on multiple occasions.   This is just a new indignity.  The only cool thing about down the throat is twilight drugs, and they liquid cocaine sprayed down your throat.  But, as you drift off, you wonder, why does the one down into my stomach look a lot like the one they shove up my ass?  And did they clean I...…?

1 hour ago, Moshe said:

Sadly it is not.  It has been in both sides, on multiple occasions.   This is just a new indignity.  The only cool thing about down the throat is twilight drugs, and they liquid cocaine sprayed down your throat.  But, as you drift off, you wonder, why does the one down into my stomach look a lot like the one they shove up my ass?  And did they clean I...…?

They just use it down your throat first hopefully, LOL

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, pipedreams said:

They just use it down your throat first hopefully, LOL

The funny part is after they did both, there was some issue in California years ago, about not adequately cleaning them, and giving people anal bacteria from others in their esophagus and stomach.

• Sad 1