Will Beararms

Still like the Gen. 3 19/23 Frame

Put my Gen. 3 23 down for a while. Forgot how much I like nay love it. Fondled my Gen 4 and realized I prefer the Gen. 3. Looking at a G3 19.  

• Like 3

I’m a fan of the Gen3 and the Gen4 (and the RTF2 for that matter). The finger grooves have never bothered me but I’d like the Gen5 more if they got rid of that ambi slide-stop. 

Since I'm in California where their ridiculous legislation requires micro stamping technology on gun hammers, no new model guns can be sold in the state.  So, the only Glocks I can get here are Generation 3s.  It's good to hear the people in other states like the Generation 3s.  Mine fit my hand like a glove. 

1 hour ago, minervadoe said:

Since I'm in California where their ridiculous legislation requires micro stamping technology on gun hammers, no new model guns can be sold in the state.  So, the only Glocks I can get here are Generation 3s.  It's good to hear the people in other states like the Generation 3s.  Mine fit my hand like a glove. 

How many gun crimes have been solved by use of the microstamping on gun hammers...………..

Another useless law to pretend the politicians care.  Fake pretense is what they are all about.

Definition of pretense

1 : a claim made or implied especially : one not supported by fact

3 minutes ago, janice6 said:

How many gun crimes have been solved by use of the microstamping on gun hammers...………..

Another useless law to pretend the politicians care.  Fake pretense is what they are all about.

Definition of pretense

1 : a claim made or implied especially : one not supported by fact

Nobody does micro stamping on a production gun.  The concept was demonstrated in a laboratory and the legislature passed a law based on the theory

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, minervadoe said:

Nobody does micro stamping on a production gun.  The concept was demonstrated in a laboratory and the legislature passed a law based on the theory

Unfortunately, the theory was based on knowingly passing a law that would make firearms unavailable, bypassing the 2nd Amendment.  I sorry for you guys getting screwed like that.

17 minutes ago, janice6 said:

Unfortunately, the theory was based on knowingly passing a law that would make firearms unavailable, bypassing the 2nd Amendment.  I sorry for you guys getting screwed like that.

It's restraint of trade.  The lawmakers should go to jail.  Instead, they live like kings on the taxpayers dime.  :dunno:

• Thanks 1

Gen 3 17,19,34. Just prefer them. But I may have to take a look at the Gen 5 models.:cheers:

:2gun:

Posted (edited)

+1 on the Gen 3 19

IMG_0542.JPG

Edited by jmohme

Nothing wrong with the Gen 3. I have two of them, a G23 and a G20sf. The only thing I don't like is the finger grooves. With the gen 5's it's like two steps forward and one step back.

While there are some genuine improvements there are several drawbacks. No finger grooves is two steps forward but the half-moon mag cut-out is one step back. The ambi safety would be good if they offered it in Left hand only, right hand only, or ambi. There are many left handers who don't like it.

The marksman barrel gives slightly better accuracy but at the cost of reduced reliability with all ammo particularly reloads, with it's shorter throat. And the new finish isn't that great and they should have just gone back to the frying pan finish.

With the Gen 4's I like the changeable backstraps on the large frame guns, and on the small frame guns it gives people more options, but I don't really see the need for the double recoil spring.