I am having so much fun

Silentpoet

Yeah, it was a rather boring game.  And I didn't get to enjoy the commercials because my girlfriend and her father are rabid football fans who like to talk about the plays, strategy, players, etc. during the commercial breaks.

At least I got to sip Jameson's and take selfies with a beautiful woman while not being offended by any kneeling or white-guilt commercials this year.

Edited by PNWguy
  • Like 1

From Vox: 

Why everyone hates the Patriots
It’s easy to assume that hate for the New England Patriots is rooted in jealousy. But it’s a bit more complicated than that.

Another Super Bowl Sunday has come and gone, and once again, the game allowed America to renew its fervor for one of its favorite unofficial pastimes: yelling about the New England Patriots.

On Sunday, the Patriots danced away with its sixth Super Bowl victory — tying the Pittsburgh Steelers for the most Super Bowl wins of any team in NFL history — by defeating the Los Angeles Hams 13-3. But even before this historic win, the Patriots were frankly astonishing. During the era of head coach Bill Belichick and quarterback Tom Brady, who both joined the team in 2000, the Patriots have gone to the Super Bowl nine times; 2019 marked their third consecutive Super Bowl. They’ve won 16 division titles, made it to the AFC championships for the past eight years in a row, and, since 2001, have never had a losing season.

Yet compared to other uncontested sports dynasties — for example, the era of Michael Jordan’s Chicago Bulls — the Patriots’ longstanding dominance over the NFL hasn’t exactly inspired nationwide support and pride. Quite the opposite, in fact: Hate, or at least deep resentment, over the Patriots’ success has become so common that Patriots fans, and even the Patriots themselves, have started embracing the hate as a badge of honor.

Prior to Sunday’s Big Game, you might have expected Americans to be somewhat evenly divided between the two teams, with about half supporting the Patriots and half supporting the Rams. This type of split certainly would have made sense, especially since the Rams secured their Super Bowl slot with a highly contested NFC championship win against the New Orleans Saints, benefiting from a missed call that was so intensely controversial it has since prompted the NFL commissioner to consider changing the league’s rules.

“It’s all anyone talked about, how the Saints should have won” and deserved to be in the Super Bowl, one Patriots fan told me. “That’s how strong Patriot hatred is, that you’re rooting for the team that robbed the other one.”

With the Patriots’ Sunday win, the animosity toward them has grown even more pronounced than usual; immediately following the victory, social media was rife with insults and derision, especially aimed at the Patriots’ focal point, Brady — who may be the most-winning quarterback in history, but is also undoubtedly one of the most hated.

229.JPG

There was a game? Seriously, was tempted to watch, but I stood by my principals that as long as Goodell is commish, I am done with the NFL. What really sealed it was that the halftime acts, demanded that in order to perform, the NFL had to donate $500K to social justice programs, and they bowed to the demand. Plus a whole lot of other reasons.

• Like 2