winter storm ,

ASH

Im escaping NJ/NYC in a few hours, that whole mess is too far south to effect my trip home. 

In other news, the city of Lyndhurst has been without water all day, which means the hotel Im in has no water either. Got it covered, have this product on hand called Fresh Bath. It is a thick disposable towellete like a wash cloth with aloe in the moisture of the wipe.

10 minutes ago, ARP said:

Got it covered, have this product on hand called Fresh Bath. It is a thick disposable towellete like a wash cloth with aloe in the moisture of the wipe.

I've taken diaper-wipe showers many many times.

Sometimes,  it's all you're gonna get.

Our North Carolina office is freaking out over that storm.  I'm monitoring it.  3"-5" of snow tonight in Charlotte, as well as freezing rain.  It's going to be a mess. 

Out here, we're getting some snow starting Sunday, and then lasting all week.  I'm driving 400 miles down to Southern Idaho on Monday or Tuesday.  Should be an adventure.

15 minutes ago, Borg warner said:

It must have got down below 15 a few nights ago because my pipes froze because I didn't leave any water running at night. This has been a mild winter so far.

Dang!  Your pipes freeze at 15??  Are you in a mobile home with no skirting?

I'm in a crappy old house with a barely functioning gas stove and I have never had my pipes freeze since I've lived here, and I've seen -15 degrees before.

We had family visiting from Florida in the winter.  We had a large bonfire in the backyard,  but many of them still ended up in my winter boots, heaviest coats, fur hats,  and some even wrapped in sleeping bags.

Yes,  there was deep snow on the ground...

But, it was ~40°.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, PNWguy said:

Dang!  Your pipes freeze at 15??  Are you in a mobile home with no skirting?

I'm in a crappy old house with a barely functioning gas stove and I have never had my pipes freeze since I've lived here, and I've seen -15 degrees before.

It's an old cabin by a lake that's been remodeled and didn't originally have plumbing. My water heater is outside in an enclosure and I have to run a space heater in the enclosure.  I don't think the heater was adjusted right but when I turned it up and ran it full blast for about an hour the pipes going into the house unfroze. But the pipes under the house will freeze at about 5-10 degrees if I don't let the water in the back bedroom run. Luckily it has Pex pipe which will tolerate some freezing without breaking.  I also have heater under the house.

• Like 1

Sleeting now  pretty good ,  switch over to snow thru the night ,  6 to 12 inches ,  depends on if it goes one way or another , we are

always right on the line ,  we are right in middle of state  so  we never know  , when they say alot we get nothing ,  vice versa.  i hope 

we get few inches  so my grand kid can enjoy it ,

It was snowing pretty heavily at the Charlotte office earlier.  I just looked at the camera and it's stopped.  Some snow plow guy just did a lap in the half inch of slush.  Guess the 3-5" prediction was way off.

And I hope we're not paying this guy to push water around our parking lot...

attachment.php?attachmentid=231758&d=154

2 hours ago, PNWguy said:

It sounds like a freaking awesome place!  My dream is to get my novels finished and published and live off the royalties in an old cabin by a lake...

It's most awesome in the summer, It never gets too hot because the house is always in the shade surrounded by big ponderosa pines and summer is when I can take my canoe out on the lake and go swimming and fish off my neighbor's dock which is one of the best fishing spots on the entire lake. I've tried fishing from the canoe at a number of different places around the lake  and the dock is the best spot because it has a deep hole right at the end of it and the fish (mostly brown trout) like it there for some reason.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1