Like snakes?

Alabusa

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Probably the only snake I hate are copperheads simply because most snakes keep to themselves and only strike at humans when threatened.  Copperheads on the other hand will go after you even when not feeling threatened.  Most dangerous to kids.  If you got kids and you find a copperhead on your property, I recommend killing it ASAP.  

Other than that, I like snakes.  They make great pets.  What's not to love about a cool pet that only needs to be fed once a week?

Edited by Maser

• 2 months later...
On 8/25/2019 at 8:17 AM, Maser said:

Probably the only snake I hate are copperheads simply because most snakes keep to themselves and only strike at humans when threatened.  Copperheads on the other hand will go after you even when not feeling threatened.  Most dangerous to kids.  If you got kids and you find a copperhead on your property, I recommend killing it ASAP.  

Other than that, I like snakes.  They make great pets.  What's not to love about a cool pet that only needs to be fed once a week?

This is simply not true.  Furthermore, out of all the old wives tales and folk lure, I have never heard someone try to claim this before.   

• Like 1

Bullspit! Absolutely totally out of character for a copperhead. Copperheads are the wussy of the American, poisonous snake family.b821c6c4a1ff9721738798d3b5a5ed0e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

As you can see from my avatar that I am not afraid  of sneks. That particular photo is of a 4 footer that crawled into our range shed during match setup. Many screamed like little girls and vacated the area. I went in and retrieved the snake and brought it out for all to see. Only one took the photo. 

I grew up in OK and spent part of my summers in SE KS and learned to hunt and capture venomous sneks for money. I caught the 4th largest rattler at the Okene snek hunt one year and got $600 for it, I bought a 56 Chevy with the money. It was over 6 1/2 feet long and weighed more than 18#. Took me 45 minutes to get it in the gunney  sack. I still have my tools of the trade in case if they are needed.i respect them and treat them carefully. 

Edited by jmax

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/25/2019 at 7:17 AM, Maser said:

I, like others here, call Baloney.

The true ahole of the snake world is the Water Moccasin, a.k.a. Cottonmouth.

THOSE are to be feared, because they will pursue a human. Ask me how I know.

• 2 months later...